Tenders for Key West and Cozumel??

DB2VA

I was going to post this same answer - Hurricane Wilma wiped out the docks in Coz in 2005 (the docks further south in Puerta Maya were not built yet) and we also tendered in 2006. When we went back in 2008, the pier in Punta Langosta (downtown) had been re-built and was operational.

Joe, I'm confused now. If Puerta Maya is where Fat Tuesday's is then that was the pier and over water gift shop that pancaked into the bay during Wilma. We first stopped there on the Celebration in November 2002.

Do I have this backwards? I only remember docking downtown on the Rhapsody.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Key West uses Mallory Square now, the NAS isn't used. Carnival has expanded their dock and you'll be there. No tendering.

Actually, we docked at the Naval base in January of this year.

I've been there so many times (I live in South Florida) - I've never noticed a cruise ship at the Naval base. Is that really a thing?

Yes. The pier there is called the Outer Mole.

Sounds kind of painful.

Actually, we docked at the Naval base in January of this year.

Alrighty then! Were you on Carnival? The last time we were there they wouldn't let anyone walk off the base. They had trolleys for everyone to a stop on Duval Street.

Alrighty then! Were you on Carnival? The last time we were there they wouldn't let anyone walk off the base. They had trolleys for everyone to a stop on Duval Street.

NCL . So they are still using it. You're right though. They have trolleys to take everyone into town. You can't walk around the base on your own. It was ok but a few years ago we docked at Mallory Square. Much nicer.

Joe, I'm confused now. If Puerta Maya is where Fat Tuesday's is then that was the pier and over water gift shop that pancaked into the bay during Wilma. We first stopped there on the Celebration in November 2002.

Do I have this backwards? I only remember docking downtown on the Rhapsody.

You know, you are correct. The original Puerta Maya dock was (like Punta Langosta downtown) destroyed by Wilma in 2005 and it is where Fat Tuesday's is located. I was incorrect in stating that Puerta Maya did not exist prior to 2005, it did as well as Punta Langosta.

You know, you are correct. The original Puerta Maya dock was (like Punta Langosta downtown) destroyed by Wilma in 2005 and it is where Fat Tuesday's is located. I was incorrect in stating that Puerta Maya did not exist prior to 2005, it did as well as Punta Langosta.

Whatever it was we can both agree it delayed getting a bunch of people off in Cozumel. When the tendering process wasn't ironed out we went to Veracruz and Progeso instead of Cozumel. That was a five nighter from Galveston.

See you at sea.