Forum and Palatine Hill - Small Group Guided Tours?

Shadow9612

[For me, there are a lot of "must sees" at both places. At Palatine Hill, don't miss the covered passage (Cryptoporticus) where Nero was likely assassinated by his guards on his way home for lunch after watching the games in the Forum.]

That was Caligula, not Nero. The cryptoportacus is fascinating!

I did a self tour of the Forum and Palatine Hill in 2013. I did use Rick Steves' audio tour, plus books.

I realized that after I posted it -- too late to edit, unfortunately.

Nero was the one who died saying "Ah, what an artist the world loses in me....." :rolleyes:

We were in Rome last July and did a unique tour of the Forum. It was done at night (which means it is cooler). We started by Trajan's Column and walked under the road to a part of the forum that is not accessible to the general public. Using a laser light show, the presentation filled in what life was like for the Romans. It was very interesting and since it was done with headsets a variety of languages were available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The website is viaggioneifori.it. We have also wandered with Rick Steves guides. Using public transit in Rome isn't hard . . . Just buy a map with the bus/metro routes marked. Rick Steves explains how to use it. We always find something new to explore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't think OP wants any limo companies. There are several companies with professional guides who do walking tours. We did one that combined temples and forum with the Coliseum with Roman Candle Tours. Most of the companies combine the two because it's 1/2 day (morning for both of them). You may have luck with a search on TripAdvisor of private walking tours in Rome.