Regal/Baltic August 29, 2017 tours

lrockwitt

Can anyone suggest any tours through Princess that are not strenuous, but are interesting? My dh is not a big walker and does not like tours that are all day. I have never been to any of these countries and trying to figure which tours to book is very difficult. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well, a lot depends on what you mean by 'interesting' and your tastes. Your desires may also be at cross purposes with themselves; things that are 'easy' may not be the most 'interesting'. That said, look at the Princess tours which have the green E or yellow M next to their description. Look at the tours which don't last all day. Then pick the ones that look interesting to you.

There are many other descriptions and options for each port listed under the Port of Call forums. Posting there will get you more responses, and you can also describe the sorts of things that you would find interesting.

There was an excellent, detailed review of this itinerary some months back - I wish I could find it again. We are doing this cruise in June this year.

You specify Princess tours - that might limit your options and will be more expensive.

Here is our plan; We will use SPB tours to do two day St Petersburg - intensive tour, but that is the Jewel in Crown of this itinerary and so worth some effort. Using SPB again we will do Berlin tour - bucket list for us. Mostly driving with stops at prime locations. Tallin is said to be easy to DYI - but considering SPB tour there with a guide. I have seen a suggestion to take a cab to the high point and walk downhill touring the city.

Reviewer said Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki are easy DYI. She commented that HOHO buses were often slow in coming and public transport might have been better.

Finally we bought Rick Steves 'Northern European Cruise Ports' and are planning our DYI. BTW we bought the prior version for $5 on Amazon versus $18 for current version.

Princess has cruise tours with little or no walking involved. It's basically alot of touring and viewing by bus. Just pull up the excursion list and looked for the green E symbol. None of the Baltic ports will be doable yourself if your husband doesn't or can't walk very far.

We formed a small group from our Roll Call and used Denrus in St Petersburg. They have a Florida office and we're easy to work with. I rented a wheelchair for the entwined days from the. Our van driver loaded it on and off the van. When I could walk, I pushed it, when I couldn't, I sat in style and DH pushed. Whatever tour company you use, ask about a wheelchair. I would have missed so much of St Petersburg without it which would have been awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can anyone suggest any tours through Princess that are not strenuous, but are interesting? My dh is not a big walker and does not like tours that are all day. I have never been to any of these countries and trying to figure which tours to book is very difficult. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You can check the shore excursions on Princess website. Whatever interests you, it has an icon that describes the degree of difficulty in walking. When you click the Excursion Details, below is the Special Notes that may be of interest for those with mobility issues.