Juneau Car Rental

memparrot

We want to rent a car in Juneau so we are on our own schedule and not dependent on shuttle & bus schedules. The only rental car place at the cruise docks is Juneau Car Rental. I know from reading other posts & reviews that their cars are older. I called and reserved the last car they had for our date in Port. When I received the email confirm the car is a 2000 Impala. Well that had me concerned, so I called back. They had 2007 mini vans available so I settled for one. She said these are "nicer" vehicles in their fleet.

My 2 questions are: 1) Can I rely on this company to provided a vehicle that will not breakdown? and 2) Are there any other car rentals near the port?

Thanks in advance.

We’ve used Juneau Car Rental several times. Have never had a problem. Avis used to be downtown but they may only be at the airport now leaving Juneau Car Rental to be the only one close to downtown and the docks.

There are several threads regarding car rentals in Juneau. Here are a couple.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2377324&highlight=rental

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2448956&highlight=rental

there is no 100% answer, of course their car can break down, just the one you have at home can.

They do maintain their cars and over their long time business history, have been noted to have reliable cars.

Frankly, you'll have a phone with you won't you? you won't be going that far, you hopefully already know this? Simple to have a cab number handy and of course Juneau Car Rental. I'd suggest not running back at the last minute anyway. :)