Scooter Rental Pickup in Miami Terminal B But Escape is in Terminal C

abisha

We cruise often and rent a scooter from Special Needs at Sea for DH. On all other cruise lines we have cruised, the scooter is waiting for us in the cabin (and you just leave it in cabin on last day). However, for our Escape cruise in May out of port of Miami, Special Needs at Sea told us we need to pick up the scooter at kiosk in Terminal B. But the boarding pass states we are boarding in Terminal C. I am trying to find a terminal map but cannot find anything specific. I am very worried that we have to walk a long distance between two separate buildings, which is something my husband cannot do. Does anyone have experience with this? I'm not really sure what our process is.

We cruise often and rent a scooter from Special Needs at Sea for DH. On all other cruise lines we have cruised, the scooter is waiting for us in the cabin (and you just leave it in cabin on last day). However, for our Escape cruise in May out of port of Miami, Special Needs at Sea told us we need to pick up the scooter at kiosk in Terminal B. But the boarding pass states we are boarding in Terminal C. I am trying to find a terminal map but cannot find anything specific. I am very worried that we have to walk a long distance between two separate buildings, which is something my husband cannot do. Does anyone have experience with this? I'm not really sure what our process is.

Terminal B and C both serve the Escape. They are at opposite ends of the ship (so you would have to walk the length of the ship).

Terminal B services odd numbered decks.

Terminal C services even numbered decks.

Move to an Odd number deck if you want to check in at Terminal B.

Some ideas:

1 - if you don't have mobility issues, maybe you could leave your husband sitting somewhere convenient and go pick up the scooter and ride it back to him?

2 - Tell Special Needs that your husband cannot walk that far and ask what arrangements they can make to bring the scooter to him at Terminal B.

3 - See if there is another scooter provider that can leave the scooter in your room. I am flabbergasted that NCL and Special Needs haven't worked out a way for them to leave rentals in the room like on every other ship.

4 - Look into scooter rentals in the port city. Maybe one of them could deliver the scooter to Terminal B and pick it up there when you return. (Maybe not, but it won't cost you anything but a few phone calls to find out.)

5 - If your husband needs a scooter frequently, look into buying one. I am a big fan of the light folding scooters, but there are also "travel" scooters that can be disassembled for transport, or regular scooters or power wheelchairs that need a lift or a ramp (if you normally drive to the port - once on board it wouldn't need to be folded or disassembled anyway).

Call the NCL Access Desk, tell them this, and request to board at terminal B. I can't imagine this being something they can't accommodate. I am sure they have encountered it before and have a solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the input and terminal map. Much appreciated.

I figured we should just do as we always do and obtain wheelchair assistance first (all cruise lines have wheelchair assistance at the pier), and they could take us to the kiosk in terminal B. So to confirm this, I called the Port of Miami main number. They did confirm to request the wheelchair upon arrival. They said we could either wait in a designated area (DH in wheelchair) and someone would retrieve the scooter for him, and he can board in the scooter. Or they would wheel him over to the Terminal B area to get the scooter and board with scooter. He said they are used to this and not to worry:)

It is surprising though as someone stated that NCL hasn't worked out anything with the port authority in having the rental scooters brought on ship and waiting in passenger's stateroom. But there is one "pro" to this vs. "con"...and that is that the passenger doesn't have to wait for room to be ready in order to obtain the scooter and can have the scooter right from the get go.

If you take a cab to the terminal ask them to drop you off at terminal B. The Kiosk is to the right of the entrance. they will bring the scooter to you and your husband can ride it to Terminal C. It is convenient. We were on the Feb. 4th sailing of the Escape and we had no issues picking up the scooter. We also embarked at Terminal C.

Enjoy your cruise.

If you take a cab to the terminal ask them to drop you off at terminal B. The Kiosk is to the right of the entrance. they will bring the scooter to you and your husband can ride it to Terminal C. It is convenient. We were on the Feb. 4th sailing of the Escape and we had no issues picking up the scooter. We also embarked at Terminal C.

Enjoy your cruise.

Terrific! Yes, we are going to be taking a shuttle van from the hotel we are staying at in Ft. Lauderdale, so I'll just tell the driver to let us out at Terminal B. Thanks so much!