RCI cruiser confused with Celebrity Go BBB pricing

khank

We have been wanting to try a Celebrity cruise for a while and are considering a 2018 Baltic on the Eclipse (just waiting for Royal to release their itineraries in case they offer a better one). I'm confused with the Go Big, Better, Best pricing. Is this only available if booking thru Celebrity? When I look at a large online TA website, I see lower prices and do not see the Go Big, Better, Best offer. Just wondering if I book thru them will I get the lower price plus the Go BBB offer? Thanks in advance for the help!

Karen

It can be confusing as prices can vary so much depending on the offer. We booked our cruise that includes the Go Better package (Classic drinks and $300 OBC) and the TA is adding pre-paid gratuities and a loyalty bonus of another $50 OBC.

By entering our age into the X website, the price drops a lot, but doesn't include any perks, so at first glance looks much better value, but when you add in the perks, it's better (for us) to get the perks-included package, but NOT to upgrade to the 'Best' package.

The best advice is to speak to a rep at the TA and make sure you get everything you want confirmed in an email before you book. Remember, if anything's missing, X will NOT help when you get on board and find things are not what you are expecting, but will refer you back to your TA which, when you're waiting to sail, is not ideal!

On most itineraries celebrity offers the go BBB offer. Go big = 1 perk, go bigger = 2 perks, go best = 4 perks plus they include the premium beverages instead of the classic beverage package. Assuming you are looking at a sailing that includes these perks (will see it on celebrities website if it does)... the 'list' price on a TAs website is usually go big. Celebrity just had a promotion where it was automatically 2 perks included (so go bigger); but the options to upgrade are usually still available.

My advice would be to look price out the cruise you want on celebrities website. As you do a mock booking you'll see something along the lines of:

Go big - $1,999 pp

Go bigger for $105 pp - $2,104 pp

Go best for $315 pp - $2,314 pp

So, if you want to upgrade to go best it will cost an extra $315 pp over the base price.

Their general formula is $15 pp pd for go bigger and $45 pp pd for go best; but they do vary that somewhat.

On my next cruise (12 days) the go best started at $410 pp and then went up to $540 pp.

So, yes, that pricing can be gotten by TAs but you may need to call. Some TAs will also offer a no perks price. My TA offered a discounted price that came with 'go big' but they wouldn't combine it with the 'go best' add on price (so for the sailing celebrity was charging $2,499 and I could go best for $2,909... my TA was selling the same room w 1 perk for $2,249; but to go best it was still going to be $2,909)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A lot of online t/a's will offer group rates which usually will not include the bbb perks, you may get perks from the t/a but not the specific perks. So you have to weigh if the perks are worth it.

For example our cruise in August on the Equinox on most sites and Celebrity was $1049pp for a balcony with 2 perks included (I would choose the bev pkg and $300 obc). There were a couple large online t/a offering a group rate of $705pp with no perks except what the t/a offered (free tips). We chose the $705 just because we were looking for something cheap. The other way would have been about $700 more upfront. In the long run its probably a better value with the perks except my wife doesn't drink alcohol so not as much of a perk as you would think. Plus I just liked the $705pp balcony.

Also you dont get the perks if you are booking with a resident, senior, or police and fire rates

You can determine the effective price of Celebrity's BBB perks by comparing the fare with perks versus a resident, 55+ or military fare without any perks on Celebrity's website.

You can also check with local TA's to see what additional perks, usually OBC, they are willing to give you over and above, Celebrity's prices and perks.

You can determine the effective price of Celebrity's BBB perks by comparing the fare with perks versus a resident, 55+ or military fare without any perks on Celebrity's website.

You can also check with local TA's to see what additional perks, usually OBC, they are willing to give you over and above, Celebrity's prices and perks.

Thank you!