14 and 15 year old. Can they club together?

mjktg99

It will all depend on how many kids are registered in each group. I've seen them move a 14 year old up into the higher group and other times, they can't make any changes because it's so packed with kids. Definitely go on the first night to register and ask about it right away.

We were on the Freedom recently with 2 14's and 1 16. The group leader in the 14 offered to have the twins move up with their brother in the 16. They all loved it and spent more with the group that I was expecting. Made for a great vacation for all!

It has never worked for us, and I have tried on four cruises. I have read where people said they did it, but they would never do it for me. Here are two of our four scenarios: Three years ago my oldest daughter (a high school senior) had just turned 18 and was not allowed in Club 02 with her 17 year old senior friends traveling with us. So, none of them were able to do Club 02. Last year, my youngest daughter (a high school freshman) took a friend. My daughter had just turned 15 and her friend was still 14. They would not let her friend move up to Club 02 or let my daughter move down to Circle C. I went to guest services, talked with the staff and then the manager of each club on all four occasions. No one would make an exception and told me they had a very strict age policy. We were traveling during Spring Break each of the four times, so that could have been the reason they wouldn't budge. They really should change the ages for the clubs to elementary, middle, and high school groups and not worry about the actual ages. It never ruined our vacation, but it did frustrate us tremendously each time. My children always ended up meeting people anyway, but they never could participate in the fun activities inside of Club 02 or Circle C.

It has never worked for us, and I have tried on four cruises. I have read where people said they did it, but they would never do it for me. Here are two of our four scenarios: Three years ago my oldest daughter (a high school senior) had just turned 18 and was not allowed in Club 02 with her 17 year old senior friends traveling with us. So, none of them were able to do Club 02. Last year, my youngest daughter (a high school freshman) took a friend. My daughter had just turned 15 and her friend was still 14. They would not let her friend move up to Club 02 or let my daughter move down to Circle C. I went to guest services, talked with the staff and then the manager of each club on all four occasions. No one would make an exception and told me they had a very strict age policy. We were traveling during Spring Break each of the four times, so that could have been the reason they wouldn't budge. They really should change the ages for the clubs to elementary, middle, and high school groups and not worry about the actual ages. It never ruined our vacation, but it did frustrate us tremendously each time. My children always ended up meeting people anyway, but they never could participate in the fun activities inside of Club 02 or Circle C.

I've always heard/read they never allow an 18 year old into the clubs. I realize that she was still a high school senior, and barely 18, but they have to set those limits/rules.

And yeah, during the high volume seasons, we've seen them deny other people. We only have 1 kid, so it hasn't mattered to us. But we usually cruise in November, before the holidays, so way less kids. But when we did our Alaska cruise in the summer, the clubs were packed. They only allowed 1 kid, who was a couple days away from being 15, to move up.

• 5 months later...

On the Freedom, our 11.5 year old son was able to join the Circle C group on the third day of the cruise. It was in February and they did not have a very large group. He had a great time as he normally gets along with older kids much better than younger ones.

I would have to ask though, do you really want your 14 yr old hanging out in the same venue with 17 yr olds? Hmmmm.....I would not, even if more mature than most 14 yr olds, different age grp all together.

Good point considering there is a lot of romancing with the older kids...

On the 9/3 Pride, my 14 year old could not join her 15 year old friend...nor could my 11 year old join my 14 year old. Pretty empty sailing, but rule still stood (even though they combined the 6-11s for the duration).

My kids just hung together and with their friend outside of kid room and still did fine. My 14 year old skipped all of kid group and my 11 year old went 2x...while my younger 2 were excited to go almost every day...the older kids used the time to explore the ship and programs themselves - we gave them a time and location to meet us at different points on days (and a requirement for my girls to always stay together), and they did great. And sometimes, the 3 just wanted to hang in a cabin or the board game room...and that was fine.

It is possible. On Splendor, my daughter was 11 1/2. Right after embarkation & lunch, my kids were drawn to a crew member playing Minecraft in a camp room. After chatting & playing for a while,my daughter talked her way into an early upgrade to Circle C. He asked my permission &said she was close to the next group, he could allow it. It was October & there was a lot of kids, but not nearly the amount of our cruise 2 weeks ago in late August so I think that's a factor too.