Is Bigger Always Better? - Oasis of the Seas March 12 2017 Review

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought the whole thing was closed at night for dinner so the dinner area is In a separate area and others(adults) can still use the pools and hot tubs. If that's the case I'm even more excited. I'm so looking forward to our July cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're good, the dining is in a separate section, yes the pools are still available and it's lovely!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So enjoyed your review! We are Oasis April of 2018! Did Allure last year April and leave on April 8th for first B2B on the Navigator :)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Forums mobile app

Ohhhhh B2B, nice, hope you get some Easter eggs :-).

Only one year to wait for Oasis, that's not terrible. Lots of planning time!

Thanks for your awesome-to-read review! We're not sailing until September, and I'm being very impatient waiting for my Cruise Planner to let me start making reservations. This will be our first cruise without kids in 20 years...excited to re-experience adult cruising.

Thanks for your awesome-to-read review! We're not sailing until September, and I'm being very impatient waiting for my Cruise Planner to let me start making reservations. This will be our first cruise without kids in 20 years...excited to re-experience adult cruising.

Woah, what are you going to do with yourselves?!

Funny story - the night that it was the PJ Party in Adventure Ocean I saw a group of seniors getting off an elevator, all in their PJs and giggling like crazy. I was like, ***, it's all the youngsters and the oldsters having all the nighttime hijinks, the rest of us are too worn out!

Enjoy your well-deserved grown-up time.

Thanks for hanging in there with us, and someday we hope to hang out with you! J

May all your future cruises be filled with happy memories in the making.

Cathi & Jelly

33171438620_f891948926_n.jpg

Thank you for your review. I really enjoyed your writing style and it was fun to follow along.

Hi Cathi :D

My DW told me of your review . So since we have booked the Oasis for next Feb. I spent the time doing catch up with you and Jelly. Your adventure is excellently done. Till I got to page 12 and it's over "boohoo" . Totally enjoyed it all, well written and delivered. You have stirred our excitement about this cruise, And it's long way off. As with others looking forward to more adventure's with Jelly and you. Keep on cruising and reviewing ,You have a following too.:tropical-drink:

Cruise times Best of times

kruise runner:cool:

Hi Cathi :D

My DW told me of your review . So since we have booked the Oasis for next Feb. I spent the time doing catch up with you and Jelly. Your adventure is excellently done. Till I got to page 12 and it's over "boohoo" . Totally enjoyed it all, well written and delivered. You have stirred our excitement about this cruise, And it's long way off. As with others looking forward to more adventure's with Jelly and you. Keep on cruising and reviewing ,You have a following too.:tropical-drink:

Cruise times Best of times

kruise runner:cool:

Thank you, always nice to add a fan to my mailing list (don't worry, there's no spam, but I don't have any merch yet, so you'll have to wait for bumper stickers).

And remember, if any of y'all think of any questions as you plan, don't hesitate to ask! I might not know the ingredients in a LavaFlow, but I can tell you to order one.

Thank you, always nice to add a fan to my mailing list (don't worry, there's no spam, but I don't have any merch yet, so you'll have to wait for bumper stickers).

You crack me up!! This review is one of my absolute favorites! I'll be waiting for the bumper stickers or door magnets!!

So sad to read the end of your review; it was like reading an amazing novel..... you kept us in suspense, with humour and a little thrill ;) You should consider a sequel... post cruising withdrawal or something like that. So... knowing we can keep you going with questions, here's one: Im not a big drinker, but if I want to try something special one evening, what would you suggest?

So sad to read the end of your review; it was like reading an amazing novel..... you kept us in suspense, with humour and a little thrill ;) You should consider a sequel... post cruising withdrawal or something like that. So... knowing we can keep you going with questions, here's one: Im not a big drinker, but if I want to try something special one evening, what would you suggest?

Ahahahaha way to draw it out!

A lot of people swear by the BBC (Bailey's Banana Colada), but I just love a regular Banana Colada. And the aforementioned LavaFlow. When I'm doing a Caribbean cruise I lean heavily on rum drinks, it just seems the right thing to do. I also love a good rum punch in a sugared glass if you can find one. Jelly is partial to Chocolate Monkeys, which they make for mommies and daddies and adult childless people as well. If you're more of a wine drinker I'd check out Vintages, although I get great wines here from the LCBO so cheaply that I hate to spend the money on board with no guarantee that I'll like it (try Anciano Gran Reserva if you see it!).

Cathi,

I laughed, I cried, I strangely craved roast beef. Steer clear of the that Mojito Wannabe. Copy!

Boarding the Oasis tomorrow, taking the fond memories of your review with me. Thanks so much for sharing your journey.

Sent from my Macberry Seven using Forums

Cathi,

I laughed, I cried, I strangely craved roast beef. Steer clear of the that Mojito Wannabe. Copy!

Boarding the Oasis tomorrow, taking the fond memories of your review with me. Thanks so much for sharing your journey.

Sent from my Macberry Seven using Forums

Great! It sounds like you are a better person now. Have a wonderful trip.

Awesome review, I had to read numerous hilarities out loud to my husband. I loved last year's Freedom review and was so excited to find your new one. Your review last year is what helped encourage us to try RCL after 2 Disneys. We just got back from Southern itinerary on AOS and loved it ( and it has slides too) can't wait for your 2018 Harmony review!

Awesome review, I had to read numerous hilarities out loud to my husband. I loved last year's Freedom review and was so excited to find your new one. Your review last year is what helped encourage us to try RCL after 2 Disneys. We just got back from Southern itinerary on AOS and loved it ( and it has slides too) can't wait for your 2018 Harmony review!

YES! Another convert! Mwahaha. So glad to hear it! And cheaper too, mirite?

Hey, I thought of something else I forgot to mention, just another comparison between Freedom/Oasis - there were a few times I was out on deck on Freedom when it was really noticeable that things needed to be picked up (food detritus, cups/bottles etc.). The Disney ship I'd been on was of course spotless, and the Carnival ship I'd been on was like we were transporting monkeys (beer bottles IN the hot tub one night, ew). The Oasis crew did a TERRIFIC job of keeping things clean. I saw people squeegeeing the deck constantly to make sure no one slipped, and I never saw a drink cup linger long enough for the last few ice cubes to melt. So, good job Oasis. Hopefully the Freedom crew has stepped up a little, although I'm sure it's tough to keep on top of. Maybe Oasis guests are tidier? Will we ever truly know?

Thanks for the great review!

We enjoyed our trip immensely and decided we like Oasis better than Freedom. More included dining options and the overall layout was so cool. We don't do specialty dining and found the MDR to be excellent every night. We did miss the promenade on Freedom.

We did late seating traditional as per usual which works out great. The pools are deserted starting around 5 so if you don't have dinner until 8 you can do some serious laying out for a few hours at that time.

One nice thing about the lifeguards was that they were kicking out unsupervised kids that were unruly (if you're under 12 you're suppose to have a parent nearby.)

I really liked Cats, I also went on last day and was fully expecting to take a Cats-nap (sorry couldn't resist) but I stayed awake the whole time. I agree the plot is impossible.

We went back to Blue Hole, it was nice but so much more crowded than 3 years ago.

We did late seating traditional as per usual which works out great. The pools are deserted starting around 5 so if you don't have dinner until 8 you can do some serious laying out for a few hours at that time.

I love this pool tip!