Is Bigger Always Better? - Oasis of the Seas March 12 2017 Review

I don't know if its only the pool side rooms, but both times our beds were the Sleep number adjustable beds.

You can see the adjustment control in the bottom of this picture.

whaaaaa - ?!

Ok, now I have to go back immediately and check this.

Day 1 Lunch – Johnny Rockets – Just What I Want, a Chain Restaurant At Sea

Adventure Ocean – Open at 9a

Drink of the Day – Woo Hoo

Since it was 12p and we were just barely slightly maybe possibly considering being hungry, we figured we’d beat the crowd and head to Johnny Rockets. Now, for those of you who don’t know, Johnny Rockets is a diner-style chain restaurant that some people just adore. Usually people who went there as a kid and fondly reminisce about the singing waiters and thick milkshakes and days gone by. I’ve been to the JR in Myrtle Beach and I gotta admit, I wasn’t blown away. Give me Cook Out, or Five Guys, or Char Grill any day of the week. Our waiter was very nice, Leighton, but the service was painfully slow. Maybe all that singing? We sat out on the boardwalk, which I LOVED, so thumbs up for the location, and there were lots of umbrellas for shade, and people-watching for throwing shade. It did get VERY busy very quickly, so the ubiquitous ‘they’ usually recommend you try to avoid eating here on sea days. They aren’t the boss of me though. One thing I kind of want to do is try their breakfast, but apparently not enough to actually go and do it.

33466567402_c37d506242_n.jpg

They start by bringing out a sampler of frings, which is an EXCESSIVE amount of food, and an incredible waste. Don’t shove food at me that I didn’t ask for! I guess other people are delighted by this, I dunno, because they seemed to do it at every table and other people seemed very happy about it. Don’t get me wrong, I ate every single one of those damn onion rings because I always forget they exist, and Jelly doesn’t like onions. But the majority of those fries went straight into the food chipper.

33582338106_429a6c44c9_n.jpg

Since it’s right before lunch where I am, I’m going to be cruel and post pictures of the burgers.

You can tell Jelly didn’t like hers one bit. She insisted on a double, and after much heavy sighing and ‘yes, I know you’re on vacation’, I relented.

33582339026_c3cdc5aed3_n.jpg

Mine wasn’t a whole lot smaller, and I made it through about half of it. It was pretty good, for ship fast food.

33466566822_0dfde03770_n.jpg

If dairy weren’t my mortal enemy I would have used my Crown & Anchor coupon for a milkshake of my own. I had a teensy kitty-like lick of Jenny’s and god, was it good. So I recommend you skip the food and just go for milkshakes and hanging out.

After lunch we mostly just felt like vegging out some more,so Jelly headed back to Adventure Ocean and I made a beeline for the Solarium.

33466568972_4c2e5bd410_n.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhh! Or, more accurately, 'woo hoo!'.

I didn’t have any issues finding a chair, but saw LOTS of chair hogging in action. My least favorite type of chair-hogging; people who reserve MULTIPLE chairs. What the fek is this?! You have one perfectly good chair, and then you hold a ‘maybe’ chair?! No. Just, no. I was there for an hour and just got madder and madder about this. Must learn to just breathe and worry about myself, which is what I’m always telling Jelly.

Yep, the Oasis definitely beats Freedom here, this area is just lovely. I want to go to there.

After that it was – you guessed it – time to eat again. Damn that too-early 6p reservation! Time for Sabor.

Oh, ha ha ha. The same way I mis-pronounce 'process'.

Let me tell you how quickly I stopped saying 'eh' when I moved to the South.

Thank your for accepting my light hearted joke at the expense of all Canadians. I can do that! To paraphrase Sarah Palin, " I grew up seeing Canada out my bedroom window". I also grew up watching curling on Cable TV and became a charter member of the Columbus Curling Club.

Day 1 Dinner – Sabor Mexican Restaurant

Ok, now here’s one of those times when I’m going to remind you that I’m generally a very upbeat and positive person, and that this is just my opinion of my experience, and I’m sure lots of different factors contributed to it. I worked for many years as a waitress so I tend to be at least a little understanding of the challenges an eating establishment faces, as well as the waitstaff, and I tend to over tip because it’s a hard, thankless job. Jelly and I both LOVE Mexican food, it’s our favorite, and we had an AMAZING experience at Sabor on Freedom.

I did not have that same experience on Oasis.

<insert melancholy violin music, playing slowly>

If you loved Sabor on Oasis, you might want to just skip this part. Or if you think you WILL love Sabor and already have it booked for, like, tonight, then just jump ahead to my next happier post. Because beginning to end I had a bad experience.

33239865500_783d82a06d_n.jpg

Location – Sabor is located on Oasis on the Boardwalk, so right away it’s a much more casual atmosphere. I think they could do casual without sacrificing comfort. The TVs gave it almost a sports bar feel, which was NOT what I was looking for or expecting. Point lost. Sabor on Freedom is gorgeous.

Cocktails – I was excited to start with my favorite cocktail trio, the margarita sampler. The waiter kind of made that ‘errrrrrrmmmmmm’ face and said they didn’t do that. I was like, what the (insert curse word), do you sell margaritas? (I didn't really swear at the poor waiter). He said they tended to offer that one at the little stand-alone Sabor bar. Which was 10 feet away from where I was sitting. I took a deep, calming breath, and asked if it was possible to get it from there. He said he’d ask. I eventually did get it, on a separate bill, but whyyyyyyyyy so hardddddd? Minus another point.

Appetizers – Jenny had enjoyed the calamari in the MDR, so ordered it here. It was not good. I asked if they had other salsas, or even -a- salsa, rather than the pico de gallo that they brought with the chips (I love the pico, but Jelly enjoyed the salsa on Freedom). Nope, didn’t have any. Gahhhhhh. The guacamole was nowhere near as good as Freedom’s, Jenny wouldn’t touch it after the first bite. She’s a tough customer though, I ate some.

33582344356_b9e538eedf_n.jpg

Entrée – Jenny knew she didn’t like much else so didn’t order one, she just ate plain chips and was surly. I got the fish tacos, which were meh until I got a little piece of questionable tuna and then I was just done. Did you notice in the menu above they were listed as being served on warm flour tortillas? Sabor’s flour tortillas are normally heavenly. Do these look like freshly made, soft and lovely flour tortillas? No? No, they are slightly stale Kroger taco shells. I also thought the build-your-own was a little misleading. I DID NO BUILDING.

33582343586_7f58c65640_n.jpg

Dessert – Neither one of us wanted dessert.

There were only 2-3 other tables eating, a big difference from the Freedom restaurant which was full of happy people and music. Other than some chatter from the boardwalk and the TVs, it was silent. It was a sad, quiet, terrible meal, for which I paid extra, and NO I’M NOT BITTER, YOU’RE BITTER. Ok, I’m a little bitter. I would give it another chance on Symphony, but I’d check in advance on the margarita flight and salsa options and flour tortillas, because those are apparently a big deal to us. They probably wouldn’t be a big deal to other people, so you might love it and have a great time because you’re not sucky babies like we apparently are. So Freedom wins this round. I still haven’t decided how I want to share this feedback with Royal, because if they’re going to push the specialty dining so hard they need to know some of it ain’t great. This wasn’t our only bad specialty experience, sadly.

<violin music fades out, upbeat jazz music begins playing>

32782993594_d7b141f556_n.jpg

I had a reservation for the adult comedy show but was kind of meh about going, because I didn’t feel like laughing, so I decided to checkout the AquaTheater showing of La La Land. I LOVE movies; it’s something I very rarely get to do any more post-child because I’m too cheap to pay for the movie AND a babysitter. I love to be in a theater, and have the lights dim, and have a cold drink and warm buttery popcorn, and trailers and the surprise clips after the credits and everything about it. I once saw 4 movies in one theater in one day to see if I could do it. Yes, I paid for all of them and yes, I saw some really bad movies that day (omg Leo in ‘The Beach’, as if). So a new release of an ADULT movie is a rare treat for me. I’d heard very mixed reviews of LLL, and of course knew about the Oscars issue, and my mum had said she didn’t like it and she and I have pretty similar taste. If I’d seen it in a theater I know I wouldn’t have liked it as much, because I don’t like romances and I don’t like musicals, and that’s what this was. But under the stars, with a gentle breeze and the gentle swaying of the ship – magical. I was happy I had grabbed my sweatshirt to throw over me, I saw a lot of people piling towels on themselves to keep warm, so despite what others might say I DO recommend bringing a wrap or something for times like this. The chairs were VERY comfortable (shocking, right?!), and have cupholders, so be smarter than me and grab some chips and a beverage first.

The movie was showing from 9p-11p, so I used one of my Crown & Anchor coupons on an hour of babysitting in the kids club. Worth every penny. Bless those people who watch the children so we can do fun things.

And with that, it was time for bed. Jenny was delighted to see this guy welcoming us back to our cabin. Thanks, Michael.

33582345346_b7b56e03c0_n.jpg

Up next – Day 3 – Labadee, Labadah, Labadoozie

Edited by CanadaCathi

So funny! Loving your review. We're headed on Allure in about 3 weeks and we were going to do Sabor first night, but i've since cancelled it after reading how horrid it has become. Bummer.

Thank you. And keep in mind, it was great on Freedom, so maybe it was just an Oasis thing? Or maybe the kitchen had an off-day and were short on supplies? I hate to think of people missing out on an experience like the one we had on Freedom, because that one was sooooooooooo good.

Look how ridiculous this is, this is how much better the drinks looked on Freedom (because I know some of you are thinking, c'mon, really, it couldn't be THAT much different) -

Freedom

33497372661_5358140788_n.jpg

Oasis

33239868120_531832784a_n.jpg

Hmm headed to allure in July having this booked will wait and see but I don't really have any expectations except some decent good and good service as we didn't go when on the the oasis

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aww man! I'm now so bummed about the Sabor thing. We ate at Sabor 3 different times on our Harmony cruise in November and I had Sabor booked for the first night on our upcoming Oasis cruise this May...but after reading and seeing your photos, I'm really considering canceling. So sorry that you had such a bummer of a dinner.

Thank you. And keep in mind, it was great on Freedom, so maybe it was just an Oasis thing? Or maybe the kitchen had an off-day and were short on supplies? I hate to think of people missing out on an experience like the one we had on Freedom, because that one was sooooooooooo good.

We just did Sabor on our last night of our Freedom cruise and have to agree. It was fabulous, and the calamari was top notch! Sorry Oasis was such a let down.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oasis time(y)

Hi we are from Canada to and have just booked the Oasis for next Feb. Your excellent review and off the cuff humor made it a very enjoyable and informative read. Right down to the number of hangers in the closet. You also got great photos too. We will be booking the Radisson also our favorite hotel too. Thanks for all info and work you did . This will be our first on the Oasis class ship. Enjoy your next cruise and looking forward to that review. Till then HAPPY CRUISING.

JUST WAITING TO CRUISE.

kruise kat:D

Oasis time(y)

Hi we are from Canada to and have just booked the Oasis for next Feb. Your excellent review and off the cuff humor made it a very enjoyable and informative read. Right down to the number of hangers in the closet. You also got great photos too. We will be booking the Radisson also our favorite hotel too. Thanks for all info and work you did . This will be our first on the Oasis class ship. Enjoy your next cruise and looking forward to that review. Till then HAPPY CRUISING.

JUST WAITING TO CRUISE.

kruise kat:D

So glad it's helpful, thank you!

Cathi, love your review. Do you know if the Royal IQ was working while you were on the Oasis? We are going in May and would love to have it to keep in touch with everyone in our group. Thanks

Linda

Hey Linda, I'd heard it STILL wasn't available so didn't even log in and check once onboard. Not sure if anyone else here has heard anything further? The last update I saw was the Royal was working on some sort of ship communication plan but that they didn't clarify whether it was an extension of IQ, or something new. This is one of the things that is done better on other lines.

Hey Linda, I'd heard it STILL wasn't available so didn't even log in and check once onboard. Not sure if anyone else here has heard anything further? The last update I saw was the Royal was working on some sort of ship communication plan but that they didn't clarify whether it was an extension of IQ, or something new. This is one of the things that is done better on other lines.

Bummer. The ad did not include Oasis, but was hopeful. It said for $7.95 you could communicate with anyone else who got the apt and it was good for the whole cruise. On a ship this big you'd think RCCI would be on top of technology. Thanks Linda

Thanks for sharing your continuing adventures to find an Oasis in the sea. And just to do a little sports smack---GO HABS!!!!! I tend to agree that Thai Thai in PC is a great spot for dinner. As you like mexican Food, maybe next year look into Rock the Guaca or mexican Grill, both just a little further down N Atlantic. And thanks for the warning of Sabor (a place I was fantasizing enjoying fish tacos all week long) Nice to hear *$ works like an actual *$ on land--chance to use up all those Xmas gift cards DW gets and lays off on me that I never use unless I'm traveling. Looking forward to the rest of your review and various tips for the Oasis. I'm probalby more interested in the lap pool/sports pool/ rock climbing and zip line than you, but not so much the rider. I was a bit of a donkey on mushy SoCal waves back in the day. I'm sure I'd be even more embarrassing now.

Thanks for sharing your continuing adventures to find an Oasis in the sea. And just to do a little sports smack---GO HABS!!!!! As you like mexican Food, maybe next year look into Rock the Guaca or mexican Grill, both just a little further down N Atlantic.

Pfffft Habs, w/e. Tonight it's GO HEELS!

Thanks for the Mexican tip!

Day 3 – Labadee, Haiti

Weather Forecast – 92 degrees and rainy

Drink of the Day – Dunno, because it’s LABADOOZIE DAY!

33523634892_73f55768f0_n.jpg

We started the day bright and early again with a 7:45a breakfast in the We Be Jammin’ WJ. I had given up on being well-behaved and shoveled in biscuits & gravy (still a born-again Southern girl at heart), while Jenny was the restrained one. They had waiters walking around with fresh warm cinnamon rolls this morning, YUM.

33523635602_5873ab67fa_n.jpg

33523636272_4b9d3bbd0b_n.jpg

I was sad that our lovely room was on the wrong side of the ship to see us dock in port, because it’s one of my favorite views. We still had a nice sunny view of the island however – so much for that rain forecast!

33296094980_feb7e8e786_n.jpg

33296095580_b76c209062_n.jpg

33296095970_861c74b135_n.jpg

We arrived in port at 7:15a, and got the all-clear at 8a.

33523637022_c819bdf159_n.jpg

Look at that, who could ask for a better day?

As I’ve mentioned we like to go early, leave early, so we had all our stuff with us at breakfast and then headed straight for Columbus Cove. Now, the only negative thing about being so damn early off the ship in Labadee is that the tram isn’t even running yet. However, it’s not really a terrible walk, and it’s good to get a little exercise after a hearty artery-clogging breakfast. I’ve heard (and saw) there was also a water shuttle, but have never used it so don’t have anything to say about it that wouldn’t be something I made up.

33523638322_0e72c68220_n.jpg

33523639542_2ffd010e8e_n.jpg

If you’ve never been to Labadee there are several different beach options. There are lots of nice maps online if you want to go ask Google about it. We like Columbus Cove because it’s got a good mix of sun/shade, chairs, close proximity to the bar, and their lunch buffet doesn’t get wicked crazy like the one at Barefoot Beach. We got to CC at 8:30a and were the first ones on the beach!

33523640352_c7293c4a02_n.jpg

33523641062_632e801349_n.jpg

The chair dude came over and brought us chairs, which are free to use but you should take a few bucks to tip him with. We sat in basically the exact same spot as last year because hey, it worked, re-lathered up, and Jenny checked out the water pretty much immediately.

Some notes on Labadee and the hakwers; yes, they’re a little obnoxious, but I just smile and keep walking and repeat, “Sorry, no cash!”. I totally avoid the town square and market areas. I did see someone buy a massive and comically hideous abstract painting of a dog, so people do apparently buy things, so of course the guys and gals are going to try their best to get your good unicolored American dollars. I don’t need any dog paintings or hair braiding or baskets so I just do my thing, and it’s all good. Where we like to hang out is close to a ‘lifeguard’ station, but the lifeguard is really more of a beach monitor than anything. I swear it was the same guy from last year and he remembered us, because he made sure to come over and let me know when the bar was open (he could probably see I had the shakes, I mean c’mon, it was almost 10am) and when the lunch buffet was ready. I never worry about my stuff on the beach knowing he’s keeping an eye on things, and I always leave him one of those big green bills, because I enjoy someone taking care of me like the sucky baby I am. Last year I made the mistake of bringing my freestyle cup off the ship with me and setting it down on the bathroom sink, and it disappeared in the 2 minutes I was in the stall, so just keep an eye on your stuff.

Jelly and I had talked about trying out the Dragon’s Tail coaster this year and had watched some YouTube videos to prep her for it, but we unanimously decided that we didn’t feel like doing ANYTHING. She had done the Aqua Park last year so was over it, and I was finding the beach chair to be very comfortable, plus by the time we walked from the ship we were hot and tired and were like, oh hell no, no more walking, that is for suckers.

One very sad thing that we discovered – the Adventure Ocean beach location on Labadee is GONE! Yes, GONE! Sometime between our last cruise and this one they tore it down and replaced it with a beach volleyball court. Jelly had really liked it and was looking forward to it, even though to me it looked hot and dreadfully boring. Apparently they had done some fun activities, like a dinosaur dig or such. This meant no doing anything adults-only for me, which I didn’t really care about, but some of you might so there you go – if you need to ditch your kids, you’ll have to leave ‘em on the ship.

The beach filled up quickly as more people arrived off the ship, so don’t think things were that quiet and secluded for long. I’d suggest being there by 9:30 if you want a water-side seat.

33523641862_87e14b857f_n.jpg

33296119140_62528b3088_n.jpg

I FINALLY got my Labadoozie, and Jelly got her kid-friendly Labadoozie, and I had my Unattractive Yet Functional Hat, and we were happy girls.

33296122790_3198434026_n.jpg

Did I mention the crackers?

After last year’s snorkeling I had remembered a dive trick of opening packets of individually-wrapped crackers underwater to feed the fishies, so sacrificed the luggage space this year and brought some with me (I’ve since learned that they also quite enjoy Cheerios, which are available in the WJ, so this is another option for you). It’s super cool because you dive down and open them up and they swarm you like crazy. In Labadee you’re not going to really be swarmed, but because it was early and quiet we did see a few.

33296120390_84b95983fc_n.jpg

33296119760_9284a06b40_n.jpg

Jenny and I had fought bitterly about whether she should bring her mask/snorkel, because she prefers goggles for swimming, but don't worry, there were PLENTY of opportunities for me to say 'I told you so'.

Then it was time for lunch!

The island lunch buffet is what it is; a mass-produced ‘bbq’ meal. I have heard lots of complaints, and no, it’s not something you’re going to have a fainting spell over, but it’s food and I didn’t cook it or clean up after it, so there you go.

Jelly was ravenous after 3 hours in the water and made herself a double burger. That’s all she wanted. I think she made the better choice.

33523642142_a85910e2f9_n.jpg

I went for the sampling, because I’d forgotten that the ribs and rice were the only things I’d liked (my memory is not great and I get buffet-blinded).

33680167345_c837942448_n.jpg

There was TONS of fresh fruit as usual (apples, bananas,green grapes, watermelon, pineapple, melon), and watered-down fruit punch and water to drink.

After lunch we decided we were done, that we’d had enough sun and sea and wanted some AC and rest, so we ended up heading back to the ship earlier than expected at 12:30p. Despite our best efforts Jelly’s face was sunburned, so after showers we liberally applied some aloe, and Jelly watched a movie while I had a little nap. Um, and I also ate a kummelweck because I’m weak.

Dinner was at 5:30p in the MDR, again, TOO EARLY for dinner but we had a show to catch.

I started with a wedge salad, which I stupidly adore, and it was cold and refreshing and totally hit the spot.

33523645852_0449c672cf_n.jpg

For my entrée I had the grilled tiger shrimp, which was good but I wish it was served with rice instead of mashed potatoes (ugh, so heavy).The other sides were sautéed spinach and asparagus, which were decent. Jelly tried the tagliatelle with mushroom, sundried tomatoes, and pesto, and of course hated it because she’s eight. But they had warm donuts with chocolate dipping sauce for dessert, so she was cheered up considerably.

33523646652_b2a4b95973_n.jpg

We had a 7:30p reservation for Oasis of Dreams in the AquaTheater. We had plenty of time to get to it, but there were about a zillion people ahead of us, so by the time they let people start to be seated at 7:15p most of the non-splash zone seats were taken. If you sit in the splash zone, YOU WILL GET WET. Not like, eek, a little splattering, but HOLY CRAP I NEED NEW PANTS. If you don’t accidentally get wet, the cast will purposefully splash you. The little kids in front of us thought it was hysterical, but several older people got quite upset and left in a huff. I laughed my head off, I don’t melt so who cares, it’s a water show. But you have been appropriately warned!

It was still warm out so it was a delightful evening. The show ran about one hour, and I took about a billion blurry poorly-lit photos that I won’t subject you to. It was very enjoyable; even Jelly’s attention was held, which is difficult to do unless you’re talking about Minecraft or Pokemon.

33523649382_784e05612e_n.jpg

33523650662_72146747b4_n.jpg

After the show we of course had to go for a night swim, since we were basically already damp and it was such a gorgeous evening. By the time we had changed into suits and I dipped a toe into the water I had changed my mind (COLD!), but the hot tub felt GREAT. At 8:30p one main pool and two hot tubs were still open out on deck, and there was still a lifeguard out there.

And that was it for day 3!

Up next – Jamaica and I Finally Become Friends

Still following along. I'm sorry to hear about Sabor being sucky. It was so great on Freedom that we were really hoping for excellence on Oasis. I love Mexican food enough to give it a try, but I will lower my expectations a bit.

Thanks for posting pics of the kid sized deck chairs. Those are adorable. I'll have to look for one for my son. He somehow always manages to get himself stuck in the big ones.

Funny that you mention not really being a huge fan of Johnny Rockets. I think that it is OK, but way overrated and overpriced. (I say this right after having finished Cook Out for lunch. There are a few perks to living in NC)

You answered a question that I've wondered about, but wasn't willing to open the can of worms to ask: Whether kids could go on the Rising Tide Bar. My son is fascinated by it in the videos and wants to try it out. I will have to keep an eye out for a time when it is running and not busy.

Funny that you mention not really being a huge fan of Johnny Rockets. I think that it is OK, but way overrated and overpriced. (I say this right after having finished Cook Out for lunch. There are a few perks to living in NC)

You answered a question that I've wondered about, but wasn't willing to open the can of worms to ask: Whether kids could go on the Rising Tide Bar. My son is fascinated by it in the videos and wants to try it out. I will have to keep an eye out for a time when it is running and not busy.

Cook Out so jealousssssssssss.

Yeah, Jenny was dying to go on it, so I figured I'd try it, and if she got kicked off that was that. I did see lots of kids later on in the trip going off/on, I'm sure it's a novelty thing and makes adults crazy but whatever. Just keep in mind It's SUPER anti-climactic - it's verrrryyyyyyyy slooooooooooow. But still, Jelly thought it was cool for all of 5 seconds.

Day 4 – Falmouth, Jamaica

Weather Forecast – 84 degrees and rainy

33298215500_2c3b478bb9_n.jpg

Wednesday!

Again, I was up early, so at 6a I grabbed a coffee and a blueberry muffin from Café Promenade and headed out to the balcony. I took about 482 sunrise pictures and have included just one here for you, because they’re not as exciting as food or ship structure or closet hangers.

32839429514_784b2132fa_n.jpg

33682504145_44509a0ec3_n.jpg

Look at that sweet girl.

I have a history of hating Falmouth that started with the Disney cruise. My mum and Jelly and I did an excursion to Montego Bay that was just terrible; we felt trapped on a little tiny, dirty beach, with murky water and overpriced low quality food and sales, sales, SALES! Because of that I had vowed I wouldn’t even get off the ship last year, but Jenny dragged me into port to walk around and I got some really good coffee so that made me happy.This year I decided that I would try one more time, and after reading many, many reviews online had an excursion booked through Liberty Tours with Ricardo Riley to go to the Blue Hole. More on that later.

So after the beautiful sunrise we headed to the WJ for breakfast at 8a. Again we had a table by the window, where we could see the rain off in the distance, but it came in early and cleared up by the time we were off the ship (thank you, Jamaica). Just a note here on the buffet Eggs Benedict, if that’s your thing; every morning they had a very nice offering with some different options. I know my dad goes crazy for them, I don’t get it, but wanted to share that in case it was a big deal for you. They also had ready-made fried eggs that were actually REALLY good (perfectly cooked and still warm!), and I caught on very late in the week that they had real scrambled eggs that changed up daily that were quite delicious. There was always a fresh ham waiting to be sliced, so I started making breakfast sammiches with ham and egg, and enjoyed those very much (those darn rolls again!).

33298214370_7b67cd24b5_n.jpg

This morning there was also someone going around getting people to sign up for a galley tour/brunch on Saturday. It was $35/pp but they said that Jelly would be free, so we signed up.

Also, it was my favorite day, Laundry Special Day! It was $34.99 to fill a bag, plus I had a $5 off C&A coupon. We were able to squeeze in 6 t-shirts, 4 pairs of shorts, 1 pair of capris, 3 pairs of pants, 1 pair of PJs, and 8 pairs of underpants. This helps immensely with both not packing too much, as well as the laundry pain when getting back home. The bag was already hanging in the closet. They do an amazing job, and I’ve never had any issues. We got everything back Friday late in the day.

32839434404_8582fae112_n.jpg

The gangplank was down at 10a, but by 10:30a we still weren’t able to leave the ship and there was a massive backlog of people waiting. It was almost 11a by the time we were released, and I was FREAKING out about the tour leaving us, but of course they didn’t and they were right where they said they’d be. The ship excursions meet straight ahead through the port square, but the non-ship excursions are over to the right, past all the buildings. You’ll see the white tents, if that’s what you’re doing. Liberty Tours had EXCELLENT communication; the Falmouth port is a little sketchy, and Ricardo had sent very detailed instructions on where to go, and who to look for (had a list of possible guide names to check, and a phone number in case they didn’t match up). He also called the night before we left to make sure we didn’t have any final questions, and to ensure we were appropriately excited. WE WERE!