HELP with Uffizi Museum DIY

Wisconsin Travelers

How can I reserve an audio tour? The Uffizi site seems easy enough to reserve tickets, but I don't see a place to reserve an audio tour. Or is this something we can just add on when we're there?

Thanks!

Get it when you are in the museum - very easy. Make sure that you have your passport - most museums want your passport as hostage to ensure return of the audio guide.

No reason to ever reserve audio tours, which are simply headphones (or earbuds) with a player. In the Ufizzi we recall they have a rental counter right next to the cloak room (on the first floor near the entrance). You just walk over, pay your money and get your gadget. It has been too many years...so we do not know if they require you leave some kind of ID (such as a drivers license) as collateral. We know you do not need a Passport because we have rented audio tours all over Europe (and Italy) and seldom to never carry our Passport....preferring to keep it securely locked in a hotel or cruise ship safe.

Hank

we do not know if they require you leave some kind of ID (such as a drivers license) as collateral. We know you do not need a Passport because we have rented audio tours all over Europe (and Italy) and seldom to never carry our Passport....preferring to keep it securely locked in a hotel or cruise ship safe.

Hank

Hi Hank,

Perhaps a drivers license would work, perhaps a credit card, I did not ask - they asked me for my passport at the Uffizi (I did not have my drivers license with me), I was also asked for my passport when I rented the audio guide at Villa d' Este in Tivoli and, just recently, I was asked for my passport when renting the audio guide at Yad Vashem in Jerusalem. So, I know that they want some form of assurance that you will return the audio guide.

Hi Hank,

Perhaps a drivers license would work, perhaps a credit card, I did not ask - they asked me for my passport at the Uffizi (I did not have my drivers license with me), I was also asked for my passport when I rented the audio guide at Villa d' Este in Tivoli and, just recently, I was asked for my passport when renting the audio guide at Yad Vashem in Jerusalem. So, I know that they want some form of assurance that you will return the audio guide.

We have also been asked for our Passport at various museums (when renting audio tours) around Europe. Our answer is always the same...."we do not have our Passports." Even in the rare times when we do have our Passports we tell them a white lie "we do not carry our Passports." At that point they will usually ask for some other form of official ID (that they hold) such as a drivers license. I carry two expired drivers licenses (we keep them for this purpose) which are readily accepted :).Consider that a majority of visitors are from Italy or Europe....where most folks do not carry around their Passports. More then fifty years of extensive international travel (most independent) has taught us to treat our Passport like a very valuable piece of jewelry (Passports are actually worth a lot more then most jewelry...on the black market).

Hank