Spa comparison -- Disney Magic vs. Grand Princess

crazy4themouse

Hi everyone! I just have a quick spa question for anyone who has been on a Grand-class Princess ship. On the Magic, they have what is called the Rainforest Room. It's a wonderful, beautiful, incredibly relaxing room with heated tile loungers, different saunas and steam baths, and scented showers. I think it's the most relaxing place I've ever been.

You can buy an all-day pass to the Rainforest Room for only $15, without having to purchase any other spa services, so it was a neat way to experience a spa atmosphere on a budget. Our next cruise is on the Grand in March, and my "extras" money will be very tight. My mother and I have already decided that we will forego pricey massage treatments, but I was wondering if there is anything remotely like the Rainforest Room on the Grand-class ships?

Thanks!

-gina-

Anyone? Pretty please? :)

I just found this photo at the Princess site... this is *exactly* what I was trying to explain that is on the Magic, at least the tile loungers. I can't tell if there are saunas in that room as well.

http://www.princess.com/onboard/activities/spa/spa.html

So how much is it to use those heated loungers? And can you buy a pass to that separate from other spa services?

Thanks again!

-gina-

Hi,

Maybe I can help - we were on the Coral Princess (not a Grand class ship, though) in October.

They had a Thermal Suite, which is basically what you describe, with heated tile loungers and steam rooms. It was $109 per couple for a 10-day pass (I think $70 per single), and you could purchase the pass without having to use other spa services. The spa staff will tell you that access may be limited due to capacity, but anytime we used the Suite, there were only a few other people in there at the same time.

I imagine they also offer this on the Grand class ships.

I am not sure if the Grand itself has something similiar to Disney's but the Caribbean Princess (which is a derivative of the Grand class) does have something similiar. They have a per day rate, a length of cruise single rate and a length of cruise couple rate. We did it and it was quite nice (especially after a port day.)

OK - I have visions of Mickey and Minnie giving massages on Disney cruises :)

LOL!!! No, believe me, this is a luxury ship... way different than what people think it must be like. :) And now I have to get the creepy image of Mickey Mouse giving massages out of my head... :p

OK - I have visions of Mickey and Minnie giving massages on Disney cruises :)

LOL!!! No, believe me, this is a luxury ship... way different than what people think it must be like. :) And now I have to get the creepy image of Mickey Mouse giving massages out of my head... :p

Archived