NCL Dawn - Aft Penthouses with Large Balcony - quick questions

WORD OF CAUTION!!!

For my honeymoon, we stayed in Aft Penthouse 8670 on the Dawn. Just be warned, the Aft Penthouses on the 8th deck are directly above Spinnaker Lounge. I knew this while booking, and it didn't matter to us because we are young, and stay up till 2, 3, 4am.. on our cruises. I will say, the one night we went to bed early, we heard, load and clear, the thumping of the music below us. If you want quite time in the suite, especially later in the night when Spinnaker turns into a "club" I would not suggest booking an Aft Penthouse on the 8th deck on Dawn. If you're a party animal that will be up till the wee hours anyway, it won't pose a problem. Hope this helps.

Newbie here - so need some help.

1. Will you smell the engine or fuel burn off smell when in an aft cabin on decks 8-11?

2. Is it rocky in the back of ship - one person gets seasick.

Thanks so much!

Kathi

I was in an aft penthouse on the Dawn in December. I was on deck 10 and never smelled any fuel.

I didn't think the motion was an worse than when I've stayed in a other areas of the ship.

When maneuvering in port the thrusters (azipods) may be a noisy annoyance anywhere in the stern of the ship but only for

a brief moment until the ship is underway or tied up to a pier. The azipods move the ship sideways to get closer or farther

from the pier/dock and frequently the stern of the ship will be vibrating with this motion.

The aft cabins on deck 8 as noted are terrible when the entertainment in the Spinnaker Lounge is cranked up. Deck 9 not so

much and by the time it gets to deck 10 unless the base noise is vibrating thru the hull and calling the whales for a convention

it is no longer a problem.

It is no wonder that dolphins porpoises whales jump out of the water to the beat of the music while underway; not really -

but then I do wonder what excites these creatures !

Again as noted stay outta deck 8 aft unless in full party animal mode until the wee hours.

Cabins port and starboard surrounding the Spinnaker Lounge below are not immune

but distance from the center stage diminishes it.

To get a feel of the noise vibration level take the walking jogging track - Promenade deck 7

around the stern of the ship to feel and see the wake of the ship underway.

For some it is a pleasant soothing experience - others not so much and may induce motion sickness.

For the hardy types seeing this man made machine (ship) parting the waters moving at 20 plus knots

is an experience - no water skiing or surf boarding allowed however ! LOL !

When maneuvering in port the thrusters (azipods) may be a noisy annoyance anywhere in the stern of the ship but only for

a brief moment until the ship is underway or tied up to a pier. The azipods move the ship sideways to get closer or farther

from the pier/dock and frequently the stern of the ship will be vibrating with this motion.

The aft cabins on deck 8 as noted are terrible when the entertainment in the Spinnaker Lounge is cranked up. Deck 9 not so

much and by the time it gets to deck 10 unless the base noise is vibrating thru the hull and calling the whales for a convention

it is no longer a problem.

It is no wonder that dolphins porpoises whales jump out of the water to the beat of the music while underway; not really -

but then I do wonder what excites these creatures !

Again as noted stay outta deck 8 aft unless in full party animal mode until the wee hours.

Cabins port and starboard surrounding the Spinnaker Lounge below are not immune

but distance from the center stage diminishes it.

To get a feel of the noise vibration level take the walking jogging track - Promenade deck 7

around the stern of the ship to feel and see the wake of the ship underway.

For some it is a pleasant soothing experience - others not so much and may induce motion sickness.

For the hardy types seeing this man made machine (ship) parting the waters moving at 20 plus knots

is an experience - no water skiing or surf boarding allowed however ! LOL !

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk