Refrigerators on Zuiderdam?

ohmandi

Very excited about our Panama Canal Sunfarer trip. Do all staterooms have refrigerators? We need one for dietary needs. Three calls to HAL and three different answers. One person said the cabin didn't have one but we could request one. Then I got a form to fill out for "Special Medical Requests" which didn't work. I was then shuttled to someone in ADA Compliance who said he only handled medical needs not dietary ones. He transferred me to "Ship Services" who said Zuiderdam is a Vista ship and all rooms have refrigerators. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Was on that ship for that cruise January 2015. We were in a Neptune and requested the refrigerator be emptied so we could put our beer from happy hour in there. We ended up not doing that because the temperature of the refrigerator was way too warm to keep the beer cold. I wondered what people who maybe had medication that need refrigeration would do as I don't think it would keep it to the temperature needed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very excited about our Panama Canal Sunfarer trip. Do all staterooms have refrigerators? We need one for dietary needs. Three calls to HAL and three different answers. One person said the cabin didn't have one but we could request one. Then I got a form to fill out for "Special Medical Requests" which didn't work. I was then shuttled to someone in ADA Compliance who said he only handled medical needs not dietary ones. He transferred me to "Ship Services" who said Zuiderdam is a Vista ship and all rooms have refrigerators. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

The Zuiderdam has minibars in each stateroom that are more appropriately called "chillers.". Per my infrared thermometer, the temperature in the minibar averages 45 degrees which is less than household refrigerators. Suggest you bring a small collapsible cooler and ask your Room Steward to bring ice several times per day if you want to maintain "refrigerator-like" temperatures.

Thank you all for your replies. We will bring a collapsible cooler bag and fill it with ice. So the Ship Services woman was the one with the correct answer. Vista ships have a cooler in every room. FYI, I was told that if it were medication we needed refrigerated, we would have to check it in with the doctor on board as the "coolers" in the cabins were not cold enough. Fortunately that's not our situation. Looking forward to next Wednesday!

Thank you all for your replies. We will bring a collapsible cooler bag and fill it with ice. So the Ship Services woman was the one with the correct answer. Vista ships have a cooler in every room. FYI, I was told that if it were medication we needed refrigerated, we would have to check it in with the doctor on board as the "coolers" in the cabins were not cold enough. Fortunately that's not our situation. Looking forward to next Wednesday!

Let your Room Steward know that you want your minibar emptied of the contents and you can use the minibar to keep your snacks: plate of cheese from lunch, extra yogurt parfait from breakfast, sodas chilled for a late-night snack, carton of milk from breakfast to eat with your chocolate chip cookies during the afternoon, etc. It is also good to bring some Ziploc bags for your snacks to keep them fresh..

Ooooh! you leave next week! How exciting...and when you return, we are up next! I'm excited too! Can someone tell me if the wine bottles I'm bringing aboard will fit in the chiller or should I bring my popup cooler? or, will they bring me an ice bucket for my bottles? Counting the days! 10 more work days! Yippeee!

Ooooh! you leave next week! How exciting...and when you return' date=' we are up next! I'm excited too! Can someone tell me if the wine bottles I'm bringing aboard will fit in the chiller or should I bring my popup cooler? or, will they bring me an ice bucket for my bottles? Counting the days! 10 more work days! Yippeee![/quote']

Each minibar holds eight cans of soda on both the bottom and the shelf with a few inches above and to the side. Based on that, your wine bottle would be leaned on it's side to fit.

Neptune Suites come with large champagne buckets that are assigned to the suite and not sure others can get them.. It never hurts to ask.

Each minibar holds eight cans of soda on both the bottom and the shelf with a few inches above and to the side. Based on that, your wine bottle would be leaned on it's side to fit.

Neptune Suites come with large champagne buckets that are assigned to the suite and not sure others can get them.. It never hurts to ask.

We have gotten the happy hour special and requested they be put in a bucket of ice, which we then take to either our veranda or to the Lido pool deck to drink with snacks from the Mexican cart. The first day we take the bucket back to our room and put a note on it not to remove it. The we just take it to the bar each day for the happy hour refill

Do inside cabins also have a fridge?

On the Zuiderdam, yes.

On the Prinsendam, four Vista ships, two Signature ships, and the Koningsdam, all the cabins have a fridge.

On the two S-class ships and the four R-class ships, the cabins with a balcony have a fridge. The inside and outside cabins can rent one for $2.00 a day (although where to put it can become a problem.)

We have gotten the happy hour special and requested they be put in a bucket of ice, which we then take to either our veranda or to the Lido pool deck to drink with snacks from the Mexican cart. The first day we take the bucket back to our room and put a note on it not to remove it. The we just take it to the bar each day for the happy hour refill

Happy Hour Special? Mexican Cart? What am I missing, please, tell me more!

Thank you, I ordered the Celebrate package, and it comes with sparkling wine, so I'm hoping they will put it in a bucket and I'll bring my sticky notes and ask them not to remove it. Thanks for the tip.

• 1 year later...

We reserved a refrigerator on the Amsterdam and Zuiderdam, $2.00 a day and well worth it. Forget the minibar. Also the advantage of getting a refrigerator is you get an extension cord with gives you a few more outlets. I have seen posts about bringing a power strip or extension cord. Not allowed and they will remove them.

• 1 year later...