Port Canav rental car shuttle

drgonzogoo

I need some direction from some folks experienced with Port Canaveral and returning rental cars. We sail 4-29 on Carny Magic. We have a rental car to return that morning. The current plan is to drop my people and luggage at ye olde port then return car and hop on their shuttle. I am looking to accomplish this somewhere in the 1030-1130 window. We have 11-1130 check-in. Just to give complete information, i checked out Goog maps/earth and guesstimated approx 10 walk from car rental to port area but unsure if that is a valid option/fallback. Thanks errr-biddy.

I was wondering the same thing. We sail that day also and are returning a car to enterprise. I think we are the only ship boarding that day, there are 2 ships coming in that day but the other one I believe begins drydock so it is only the magic that is boarding passengers. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get the shuttle to the port?

I need some direction from some folks experienced with Port Canaveral and returning rental cars. We sail 4-29 on Carny Magic. We have a rental car to return that morning. The current plan is to drop my people and luggage at ye olde port then return car and hop on their shuttle. I am looking to accomplish this somewhere in the 1030-1130 window. We have 11-1130 check-in. Just to give complete information, i checked out Goog maps/earth and guesstimated approx 10 walk from car rental to port area but unsure if that is a valid option/fallback. Thanks errr-biddy.

We did one cruise out of Port C. and had a rental car from Hertz. Just to make things easy, I reserved us a room the night before the cruise in the hotel adjacent to the Hertz office. Hertz didn't offer a port shuttle, but the hotel did. So, breakfast in the hotel in the morning. Drop off the car at Hertz, walk back across the parking lot to the hotel, jump on the shuttle bus to the port. Easy and simple.

Your plan should also work just fine.

I was wondering the same thing. We sail that day also and are returning a car to enterprise. I think we are the only ship boarding that day, there are 2 ships coming in that day but the other one I believe begins drydock so it is only the magic that is boarding passengers. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get the shuttle to the port?

As Enterprise is right in the port, albeit on the other side of the bridge from the Carnival docks, it should be a short wait if the shuttle isn't already waiting for you. The trip shouldn't take more than a few minutes unless either the bridge is up or the usual traffic backup occurs on embarkation day. The map above is good to note that any of the ship terminals outside of maybe the RCCL ones are not walkable from the rental agencies due to the bridge which isn't a pedestrian bridge. All in all, very easy. I work at the AF station next door and make the drive through that area daily.

OP, agree with previous poster that the Budget office is not walkable to/from the terminal due to the bridge and distance which is over a couple miles. Your plan to use the shuttle should work just fine, just be advised at that time of day traffic does get backed up getting into the immediate terminal area so you may have a wait onboard the shuttle a little.

how long you might wait is somewhat a random number

if you walk up and are the last person to get on, and the shuttle leaves, your wait is SHORT.

arrive 1 minute later and the shuttle is leaving the lot and you wait the MAXIMUM time until the next arrives ......

RANDOM

on the good side, for the most part the shuttle turn around time in Canaveral is short as the distances are a few miles or less

on the good/bad side .... some companies run SEVERAL shuttle vehicles and others run ONE .....

Do you feel lucky ....... well do ya?

We did one cruise out of Port C. and had a rental car from Hertz. Just to make things easy, I reserved us a room the night before the cruise in the hotel adjacent to the Hertz office. Hertz didn't offer a port shuttle, but the hotel did. So, breakfast in the hotel in the morning. Drop off the car at Hertz, walk back across the parking lot to the hotel, jump on the shuttle bus to the port. Easy and simple.

Your plan should also work just fine.

Hi Videotech, I have a cruise next Saturday and arriving in a Hertz car, but you tell us they don´t have a shuttle, are you sure ? cause I read of others confirming the shuttle.

Hi Videotech, I have a cruise next Saturday and arriving in a Hertz car, but you tell us they don´t have a shuttle, are you sure ? cause I read of others confirming the shuttle.

Hertz has shuttles to/from the port! No worries!

Hertz-Web.jpg?w=432