Cafe Carib, what is it?

a9753

Cafe Caribe is another buffet similar to the Horizon Court. It is located just aft of Horizon Court and has somewhat different selections. It usually has more sea food, too. I think they added Cafe Caribe to handle the extra 500 passengers that the Caribbean Princess has. We often went to both Horizon and Cafe Caribe to get our food and then would sit outside by the aft pool which is directly behind Cafe Caribe. Cafe Caribe also had some themed buffets that you could go to instead of (or in addition!) to the dining rooms in the evening. The Rice Table night is a good example. The Cafe Caribe is set up with less stations than Horizon....you mostly go through a line, although, if I remember correctly, the desserts and bread and maybe fruit were at different stations. We liked the option of two different buffets. If we didn't like what was on offer at one of them, we'd just try the other.

I went to both to select what I wanted for breakfast and lunch. One day, there was sushi and Oriental cuisine in the Cafe Caribe -- loved it!

It's also a lot easier to find a table in the Cafe Caribe. Even if you get your food from the Horizon Court, you can take it to the Cafe Caribe to sit down and eat.

Cafe Caribe is also a bit more upscale in feel at night. They have tablecoths on all the tables and place settings in place with wine glasses. And waiters circulate to take beverage orders. Also - it tends to be less crowded than Horizon Court. Not sure why this is but perhaps because it's further aft.

I'm not a buffet guy and always eat dinner and lunch (and breakfast if I get up early enough) in the dining rooms. But that seafood buffet is outstanding. And they served goat stew one night that was the best goat I've ever had (try it if you['ve never had it - the flavor is much milder than lamb - close to beef stew but different in a very good way).

Cafe Caribe is also a bit more upscale in feel at night. They have tablecoths on all the tables and place settings in place with wine glasses. And waiters circulate to take beverage orders. Also - it tends to be less crowded than Horizon Court. Not sure why this is but perhaps because it's further aft.

I'm not a buffet guy and always eat dinner and lunch (and breakfast if I get up early enough) in the dining rooms. But that seafood buffet is outstanding. And they served goat stew one night that was the best goat I've ever had (try it if you['ve never had it - the flavor is much milder than lamb - close to beef stew but different in a very good way).

Archived