Coral Princess premium balcony vs mini-suite

cherryharley

I've been researching this a lot but can't seem to find the answer to one specific question. Are the balconies on the Caribe deck mini-suites the same dimensions as the premium balconies on the same deck (those that are half covered/half open)?

And while I'm here, let me throw in a couple of "personal opinion" questions.

Originally I was going to book C405 (premium balcony slightly forward of mid-ship) for 4 people but have found that the mini-suites forward are only about $100 more and have 50 sq ft extra space and a sofa-bed with only 1 pullman. Seems a much better deal but....

1. Is a half covered balcony better than a fully covered one?

2. Is the sofabed comparable in comfort as the pullman?

3. How rough is a forward cabin? I've been mid-ship and aft but never forward.

Thanks! This group is the best!

We have sailed the Coral (and the Island) on the Caribe deck several times.

Always choose a mini-suite forward. Love the partially covered balcony and never had a problem with motion.

Just don't book C230. You'll hear the water coming from the dishwasher in the Horizon Buffet at all times of the day and night.

WE are going on Coral April 7th and will be in premium Balcony for the first time in a while. Normally we get a mini for 3 (2 adults, one kid). With 4 adults I would highly recommend a mini vs even premium balcony. I dont have experience on Coral yet, but from my experience on other ships (Ruby, Crown, etc.) the extra room you get in a mini ruffly translated to the size of extended balcony on Caribe deck, ie. base cabin size is the same, but mini suite has an extension where normal cabin's balcony is and thats where the couch is situated, plus you get a large balcony too. In my personal opinion, the couch is not very comfortable but can sleep two people. You also get a tub, vs shower stall in mini and waaay more bathroom space.

Thanks so much for the input folks. So the balcony for the mini is same size as the premium balcony? And it appear it is fully covered on the Caribe forward deck?

Diane in NY says forward minisuites on Caribe deck are partially covered. Scroll back up to her post.

I hope she is right, we have C217 next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found this thread again. We were in Caribe 217. The sofa was very comfortable to sit on, it could actually seat 4, I think. Quite long. I don't know if it's classed as a triple or a quad.

The balcony was covered, and I didn't even realize it the first couple of days, because the roof is quite high. The sun came in certain times of the day, so I did get some sun. I guess it's a triple because there were three adjustable back chairs, a footstool and a table sitting where a 4th chair would be. A 4th chair would fit if you put the table in the middle.

There were a couple of days of bounce, bump and jiggle, so I took a Bonine every morning to be safe since I'm very motion sickness prone. I'd have probably been ok anyway, since no one appeared affected. It made for wonderful sleeping. I have always gone for midship and have missed the "motion of the ocean". I think I'll go for ward next time, too.

The mattress was great...no egg crate. It felt thick and soft but not too soft.

I was really pleasantly surprised by the food quality. In my opinion, my last few cruises on Princess (Royal) and RCI (Oasis) had lower standards re food.

Coral's food was much better than any in recent memory. Even the lobster tail and king prawns were cooked properly and delicious!

One night we had a plateful of perfectly cooked divers scallops.

We did have beef medallions but no Parmesan basket. New York Strip once and was medium rare and tender.

My Veal Marsala was excellent. As always, the rolls and butter were perfect.

Went to no entertainment, but enjoyed trivia.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Finally found this thread again. We were in Caribe 217. The sofa was very comfortable to sit on, it could actually seat 4, I think. Quite long. I don't know if it's classed as a triple or a quad.

The balcony was covered, and I didn't even realize it the first couple of days, because the roof is quite high. The sun came in certain times of the day, so I did get some sun. I guess it's a triple because there were three adjustable back chairs, a footstool and a table sitting where a 4th chair would be. A 4th chair would fit if you put the table in the middle.

There were a couple of days of bounce, bump and jiggle, so I took a Bonine every morning to be safe since I'm very motion sickness prone. I'd have probably been ok anyway, since no one appeared affected. It made for wonderful sleeping. I have always gone for midship and have missed the "motion of the ocean". I think I'll go for ward next time, too.

The mattress was great...no egg crate. It felt thick and soft but not too soft.

I was really pleasantly surprised by the food quality. In my opinion, my last few cruises on Princess (Royal) and RCI (Oasis) had lower standards re food.

Coral's food was much better than any in recent memory. Even the lobster tail and king prawns were cooked properly and delicious!

One night we had a plateful of perfectly cooked divers scallops.

We did have beef medallions but no Parmesan basket. New York Strip once and was medium rare and tender.

My Veal Marsala was excellent. As always, the rolls and butter were perfect.

Went to no entertainment, but enjoyed trivia.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for coming back to report! I am getting so excited about booking a mini and am probably going for C229 or C227, near where you were.