Bon Voyage liquor prices up again!

crusinpsychRN

The Jack Daniels I ordered in November, 2016, for a cruise was $85, now $95. A $35 bottle is marked up to $95. The wine I order was $27, now $30 for a $12 bottle. No wonder people smuggle.:mad:

When we were younger we would smuggle wine but now we dont drink as much so no reason too.

They are getting rather greedy.

Folks may think we're crazy, but, being that it's our vacation and all, we want to not worry about ANYTHING. We buy both Cheers AND Bon Voyage for the cabin. We always take the leftover cabin liquor home (FL so it's easy) and enjoy a drink in our cabin on the balcony, getting ready for dinner, etc and at the same time, don't worry about our S&S drinking while out of the cabin. We love that coffees and milkshakes, sodas and waters are now included in Cheers and figure we've "made" our break even every cruise, even though we never hit the 15 drink max. Definitely worth it to us, as we don't worry about liking a drink or not, what our S&S total is and we've made sure it's paid for ahead of the cruise. It's vacation and it's all good!:D

Personally I think carnival is deliberately raising the price of alcohol to match the bar prices so there will not be an advantage buying the bon voyage alcohol .

Gary

I think you may be onto something. With the price of a bottle of crown now, it is just about as cheap to just go to the bar and grab a drink.

You people keep drinking and buying FTTF so the prices keep going up.

They make more money on them than the rest of us. Their money so they get to choose how to spend it.

Me I would rather use it to pay for a second cruise.

Economics 101 keep raising the prices until people stop paying it.

Folks may think we're crazy, but, being that it's our vacation and all, we want to not worry about ANYTHING. We buy both Cheers AND Bon Voyage for the cabin. We always take the leftover cabin liquor home (FL so it's easy) and enjoy a drink in our cabin on the balcony, getting ready for dinner, etc and at the same time, don't worry about our S&S drinking while out of the cabin. We love that coffees and milkshakes, sodas and waters are now included in Cheers and figure we've "made" our break even every cruise, even though we never hit the 15 drink max. Definitely worth it to us, as we don't worry about liking a drink or not, what our S&S total is and we've made sure it's paid for ahead of the cruise. It's vacation and it's all good!:D

Totally agree! It's vacation, so I do whatever is going to make us all happy and comfortable. We also purchase cheers package and room set up of Bacardi and coke. It's worth the $90 to be able to have a drink in my cabin while I get ready or sit on balcony enjoying the sunset. If you've ever had to carry to full glasses back to the cabin of anything, you no how difficult it is to do. Save yourself the trouble and buy a room set up of your favorite liquor. You will be happy you did.

PS- It's also already in your cabin when you arrive, so convenient.

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

Us too!! We will be doing the same thing next month!!

no, we buy Cheers now

Personally I think carnival is deliberately raising the price of alcohol to match the bar prices so there will not be an advantage buying the bon voyage alcohol .

Gary

I think raising Bon Voyage alcohol prices pushes people to either the Cheers package or more regular drink purchases . Either way is fine with them . I will say $30 wine or $95 Jack is at or less then onshore bar and restaurant prices . It's unreasonable to compare ship prices to liquor store prices .

It is time to relax and not stress. You make that possible. NICE :)