Eastern or Western Caribbean for a Solo

Shayhooper

I'm looking to book a reasonably priced (aka cheapest) cruise for early Jan 2018 and the most economic option presented is a solo cabin for either a Western or Eastern Caribbean itinerary on Epic. While I am OK spending time on the ship when in port, the preference would be to do something involving a combination of an all inclusive pampering beach experience with amazing snorkeling. Not particularly interesting in sting rays or Dun River Falls as I have seen them both on previous cruises.

It should also be mentioned that I am not opposed to spending a bit more to do Getaway Roatan, Harvest Caye, Costa Maya, Cozumel itinerary.

First, I would easily recommend the Getaway over the Epic on any day... Plus, it's much quicker and easier to get to / from the Port of Miami from the airport than Port Canaveral, which is an hours drive from MCO.

Seconded. Love Getaway and the itinerary. Post on the sailing's roll call, see if there are other solos or groups that are planning excursions that you're interested in. There's a studio lounge that all solo cruisers have access to, even if not in a studio, and a crew member that is assigned that sets up dinners in the MDRs for the solo group, plus a board to post info about shows and other stuff.