Newbie Questions for upcoming NCL Escape cruise

Muerz

Hi,

I'm doing my first cruise on April 15 on the Norwegian Escape and I'm really excited about it. But I'm being overwhelmed by all the information and offers out there and need your help guys. [emoji3]

First of all, let me tell you it was a spur of the moment booking. I got an e-mail with a really good offer and didn't do much research but booked it instantly.

I booked a guaranteed balcony room for 749$ on a major portal whose name starts with cruise and ends with direct. I filled out the online check in but wasn't assigned a cabin yet.

Yesterday, I got a mail from NCL that I could bid for an upgrade to most Haven rooms starting at 400$-1000$ per person or to a mini suite starting at 25$ per person.

Today, I saw on this wonderful forums that I could also try and call NCL or my travel agent and ask for an upsell offer.

Given that I booked in a hurry and didn't notice that guarantee rooms include no beverage package or any other goodies, I'm inclined to do an upsell since I read somewhere that upsell offers tend to include the same goodies assigned room reservations do.

I know, I know, stupid rookie mistakes...

Should I call NCL directly or go through the portal I booked the cruise on? The portal seems to be rather professional. Since booking I was contacted by email by one of their agents saying I could contact them for excursions and any other help I might need.

Also, on an unrelated note, I saw that the portal dropped the rate for my cruise and cabin again since I booked it last week. Any chance they will do give out some goodies because of this?

What would you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not that familiar with NCL, but you already have an "agent" and chances are that NCL will tell you any upsells or reservation changes must be thru the travel agent. Excursions are another matter and usually don't have the travel agent involved.

Call your TA. They should give you the new cabin price while your on the phone. If there is no penalty for canceling you can always cancel and rebook one of the specials.

The cruise is in a few weeks, after final payment. I don't think the perks apply to any cabin if the cruise was booked within 30 days of sailing.