Port hole room on Glory deck 2

lisamarieh

We just booked a porthole room on deck 2 a couple of days ago. We are trying to keep costs down since we are coming off of another cruise ship that morning and would like to save a little money. We usually do balconies for 7 day cruises. We had an inside cabin on RC once and it was so tiny. My question is has anyone ever sailed in a porthole room on deck 2 and are the rooms "roomy" feeling or do you feel confined? I have never sailed on Carnival or on such a low deck. Also, I read about the FTTF pass, it is worth the extra money for the benefits you get? I like the thought of priority boarding and the room being ready when you get on the ship, as I said we are getting off of one boat and on another so that would be convenient. What other perks do you get if you purchase the pass? Carnival virgin here so any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

We have done a port hole room on Fantasy. It wasn't bad at all for two of us. Our room was E1. Granted we have never stayed in a port hole room since but it's only because we can afford to stay in balcony or suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've stayed in PT cabins on deck 2 several times. It's just me and my sister so there is one twin and the sofa bed which is very comfortable.

Tons of floor space, we love them.

I choose deck 2 because the glass elevators stop on that deck but they don't go down to 1, so more transport choices.

I'm getting ready to book one today on the Magic.

Last day of the $50 deposit sale.

The actual PT cabins will have 2 beds not just 1 bed and a sofa bed. The 1 bed and sofa bed are 1A's that have portholes. I have had a PT on deck 2 twice and 1A's on deck 2 twice. As you can see in the pictures above they are roomy. They are set up like an ocean view room only a tiny bit smaller since the bow is starting to curve in. You will have about the same space or more as you have in the inside part of a balcony cabin so it won't feel confined like an inside.

Another benefit of FTTF is using the special line at guest services. You also get priority tendering which is only a benefit if you have a tender port. You also get priority dining time and priority specialty restaurant reservations.

I have had these rooms on other Conquest class and similar ships, and found them to be very roomy, and was like the photos above that another poster has shared. I also think they are great rooms, and prefer them to an inside room on a higher deck. These are some of my favorite staterooms to date.

This is cabin 1216 on Glory (Riviera deck, 1):

DSC00261_zpsdm3mgmll.jpg

DSC00262_zpszemldxhn.jpg

DSC00263_zpsvgxy5nkh.jpg

DSC00264_zpsam62gwlr.jpg

Yes, there is a little more motion there, and an early wakeup call on port days... But they are great cabins. EM

I don't know why I thought room 1216 was on deck 2 but how crazy is it that you posted the exact room we booked!!! I guess we are on deck 1, not 2!!! That is actually a lot bigger than I thought it would be. We stayed in an inside on RC and it felt like wall to wall bed, for a 3 day booze cruise we didn't mind. This should be adequate for us for a week!! Thank you so much for the pictures!!

for me, given a choice between deck one/riviera or deck two/main, I will usually choose deck one/riviera.

reason for that is, some times in those deck two, main deck port hole rooms you will hear noise over head in the evening during showtime and theater above. this is not a big deal for me because I am rarely back in the room before 11pm to midnight.

but just saying riviera deck is always my first choice. another great thing about that deck is when you reboard the ship in ports of call, you dont have to wait for an elevator, and just go up one flight of stairs and be on your deck to drop off purchases, or go back to the room to change.

for me, given a choice between deck one/riviera or deck two/main, I will usually choose deck one/riviera.

reason for that is, some times in those deck two, main deck port hole rooms you will hear noise over head in the evening during showtime and theater above. this is not a big deal for me because I am rarely back in the room before 11pm to midnight.

but just saying riviera deck is always my first choice. another great thing about that deck is when you reboard the ship in ports of call, you dont have to wait for an elevator, and just go up one flight of stairs and be on your deck to drop off purchases, or go back to the room to change.

Great points!! I didn't realize the theater was just above a few decks!! I need to start "exploring" this ship more!! How is the food onboard in the MDR? My husband and I have been on Royal Caribbean and weren't impressed but found the food OK. We love the food on MSC. We aren't extremely picky and I am looking forward to having a burger at Guy's and tacos at the Blue Iguana!!!