Pride barber?

ckmommy72

I know there is a salon on the Pride, but I'm wondering if they offer a barber/shaving services. My husband shaves his head and I was thinking it might be a nice gift to get him a bit of pampering and have his face/head shaved while on the ship.

The beauticians on board do offer men's services, but all shaving is done with a safety razor, not a barbers razor. The shave was not exactly a pampering sensation according to my DH when he had his during a 4 part service - hair cut, mini massage, shave, and men's facial for $109 + tip (the shave was done prior to the facial portion).

A tablemate had a $50 coupon in his cabin and decided on a shave. the operator would only shave in the direction the hair grows, not against. Since his was curly and grew everywhich way, he had to redo the shave back in the cabin. She said they were not allowed to shave 'against the grain'. EM

The beauticians on board do offer men's services, but all shaving is done with a safety razor, not a barbers razor. The shave was not exactly a pampering sensation according to my DH when he had his during a 4 part service - hair cut, mini massage, shave, and men's facial for $109 + tip (the shave was done prior to the facial portion).

A tablemate had a $50 coupon in his cabin and decided on a shave. the operator would only shave in the direction the hair grows, not against. Since his was curly and grew everywhich way, he had to redo the shave back in the cabin. She said they were not allowed to shave 'against the grain'. EM

Thanks guys...doesn't sound like he'd get the pampering experience I was hoping for....oh well. On our last trip to Disney, I got him a great gift at Art of Shaving where they did a hot towel shave, skin care regimen, etc, and he loved it. Guess that's not to be on our cruise.