Upgraded Amenities - Mini Suite and/or Deluxe Balcony?

hllwdcruiser

Speaking of towels, I may decide to use the pool towels on my TA cruise next week. I don't know if they are softer than the regular bathroom towels, but they are bigger. Has anyone else done this?

I remember Princess in the 80's, when they had great towels, but then, the fares were also higher than now (when adjusted for inflation). You get what you pay for. I pack my own shampoo and conditioner, and now also my own soap. (Fancy soap so I can treat myself.) The problem is, nice towels take up a lot of room in the suitcase. I guess I will "rough it" (literally) for two weeks.

To be fair to Princess, in one way I don't blame them for giving us towels that people don't want to steal. I've seen people stealing towels and I'm sure the costs for stolen towels added up. I don't want to pay a higher fare to pay for the fact that if Princess offers nice towels, they are more likely to get stolen. Heck, I read somewhere that a passenger stole their bed from their Princess cabin, but I don't know if that's an urban myth.

We have never experienced what I would call bad towels on any cruise. Perhaps I am accustomed to bad towels at home and that is why I can't tell the difference. 🤣

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Re no extra outlets in a mini, besides the two on the desk, there is a double outlet behind each tv, leaving one free to use for each one. Nice flat surface for your device to sit on while charging. We also had thick towels, white but with a design. One good size tube of lotion was the total of bathroom amenities, though I consider a bathtub where I can take a comfortable shower an amenity. The shower head was large and had plenty of water pressure. Bliss compared to showering in a phone booth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on the Island last November. I thought the towels were great! They were big and soft.

We had one tube of body lotion and 1/2 way through the cruise got a second bar of soap.

And, yes, next cruise I'm bringing my own shampoo. Don't mind the body wash but the shampoo/conditioner doesn't work for me.

Re no extra outlets in a mini, besides the two on the desk, there is a double outlet behind each tv, leaving one free to use for each one. Nice flat surface for your device to sit on while charging. We also had thick towels, white but with a design. One good size tube of lotion was the total of bathroom amenities, though I consider a bathtub where I can take a comfortable shower an amenity. The shower head was large and had plenty of water pressure. Bliss compared to showering in a phone booth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

OP is on the Regal which has wall mounted TV's with no accessible power behind the TV. There are two separate 120V receptacles and one 240V European receptacle at the desk. The Royal class ships are the only ships with the Deluxe Balcony category.

Sent from my iPad using Forums