Breakaway Baltic... what sort of crowd?

cbowls30

weve booked the above for 2018, just wondering what sort of age group you tend to get on Baltic cruises? We've done ncl in the med and the carribean, and, as you'd expect it was very different! Med on epic was a very mixed European/US/Canadian crowd, and, as expected the carribean was majority USA (we love you guys by the way and we found USA passengers among the friendliest bunch we've ever met!) anyone done a Baltic cruise, were expecting an older crowd and probably more European? But also not so sure on age range because if the type of ship, l.e water slides/ropes courses etc which tend to lend themselves to a younger crowd....

i´m thinking about doing the baltic with the breakaway 2018, so maybe i´m part of the crowd:D

38, sinlge, no kids :cool:

maybe in the first reviews this year with the getaway you can read more about it.

Hi cbowls30- DH and I are doing this cruise in May, 2018. Sorry, but I don't have any expectations and don't care what the demography might be. After all, We Are The World and it's all about the ports.

Relax, don't do It....when you want to go to it....dream those dreams...scheme those schemes... hit me with your laser beams....:cool:

Have a great cruise!

Not sure this helps. We did the Baltic 6 yrs ago out of England on RCCL Jewel. We were in our mid 40's and early 50's with DS14. There were many, many from the U.K., DS was hanging with kids from England, Ireland( still talks to), Mexico and a cute little girl from Spain. Many Europeans, many Americans.... we felt very comfortable. Most passengers I would say in our age range. It was July, enough kids for him but didn't feel over run. It was a great trip!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did Baltic 2 years ago. Alot from Australia. Used SPT tours for most ports. Two parties did Berlin tour with us on SPT tour. Did St Petersburg thru ship. They were so mad. I got to go inside the Church Of The Spilled Blood, they drove by! AND their tour cost more. Said they came all the way from Australia to miss one of the landmarks of Russia. I loved Estonia. Stayed 3 notes post in Copenhagen. Enjoy your trip. One of my favorites

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's not something I really take much notice of, but I'd say that the Baltics has a slightly older average age (less children) and a slightly higher proportion of US guests than the Med.

It can change from week to week though, depending on holidays etc.

It has been 7 years since we did this one.

As I remember there were people from all over the world. British, American, Canadian, German, Australian, Japanese and everywhere in between.

As for age group. Well, this is more a cruise for those interested in culture and sightseeing. People on this will be booking for the itinerary of fantastic ports to get out early and come back exhausted from a long day of touring. Expect less families with very young children. Not the party crowd either.

It has been 7 years since we did this one.

As I remember there were people from all over the world. British, American, Canadian, German, Australian, Japanese and everywhere in between.

As for age group. Well, this is more a cruise for those interested in culture and sightseeing. People on this will be booking for the itinerary of fantastic ports to get out early and come back exhausted from a long day of touring. Expect less families with very young children. Not the party crowd either.

When we went in Mid-June 2010 there were a total of 56 kids on board. They combined many of the group activities for the kids. That is also when it was a 12 day trip with a couple sea days so you could actually get some rest in vs. the 9 day now.

Never know - we did the Baltics a few years ago, left from the UK and it was a mix of American, Canadian, European and a huge mixture of age ranges.

We did the Med, leaving from Italy and I expected pretty much the same, but we had a huge contingent from Brazil which really made things interesting

When we did it last year in August there were quite a few kids onboard (it was school holiday time after all). Not as many as same time in the Med though.

If you are sailing outside of school holidays then there will be less kids obviously.

We just booked for June 2018. We're from the US, and there will be 3 generations going. I think it will be a great trip.

We are doing the same trip in August (2018) and are also from the US. There will be 8 grandchildren between 4-17 years, 6 parents ages 36-46 and we are 71.