Haven't cruised RC in 7 years...what is new?

Finally booked another RC cruise, after a few Carnival cruises. We are a family of 4, booked on HOS, March 2018. The last RC ship I went on was Oasis back in 2010! Back before my time dining and before booking shows in advance. That is a thing now right? I have to book in advance? How far out can I book? What is the drinking package like on RC? Do both people in a cabin over 18 have to buy it? Any other big changes I should know about? Room service fees?

Thank you all in advance...:p

Ship is fantastic,plenty to do once on board you can log onto RC app and book everything from that anywhere on the ship or do it on your cabin tv. Wonderland restaurant is new and worth going to.All people on your seapass have to buy drinks package and they are quite proactive in selling that and specially restaurants on board.

RC have just introduced $7.95 fee for hot roomservice breakfasts but no fee if only cold breakfast items.

love sailing with RCCL

Ship is fantastic,plenty to do once on board you can log onto RC app and book everything from that anywhere on the ship or do it on your cabin tv. Wonderland restaurant is new and worth going to.All people on your seapass have to buy drinks package and they are quite proactive in selling that and specially restaurants on board.

RC have just introduced $7.95 fee for hot roomservice breakfasts but no fee if only cold breakfast items.

love sailing with RCCL

Royal does not make everyone in the cabin buy the drinks package. You can purchase different packages or none at all even if one person is buying a package.

Royal does not make everyone in the cabin buy the drinks package. You can purchase different packages or none at all even if one person is buying a package.

I stand corrected.We drink very little alcohol bar a few glasses of champagne in the DL so never bother with drinks package but i was sure i had read on a thread that you had to but great if that is the case.

love sailing with RCCL