Last minute deals!

dam64

Last minute deals don't seem to be happening anymore with NCL. Looking for last minute deals on the Escape seems FDR would rather not lower fares and sail with the ship half sold! Ive been watching fares for April still has yet to drop and tons of balcony and mini suites left! Anyone else notice no more deals to be had like before? Looked on that site that tells you how much is sold and only half the ship is sold! Guess I won't be cruising....

Edited by dam64

FDR would rather do upsells. Get in cheap and upgrade your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

But there are no cheap deals is my point.

Just a visit to the NCL site the first cruise it shows me after clicking search is a 7 day $499 per person. Sounds pretty cheap to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last minute deals don't seem to be happening anymore with NCL. Looking for last minute deals on the Escape seems FDR would rather not lower fares and sail with the ship half sold! Ive been watching fares for April still has yet to drop and tons of balcony and mini suites left! Anyone else notice no more deals to be had like before? Looked on that site that tells you how much is sold and only half the ship is sold! Guess I won't be cruising....

How much of a deal do you expect?? :hearteyes:

Most of April is @ $499 P.P. For an IX Gty

For a 7 night cruise on the Newest ship that ain't Bad. :confused:

Sounds good until you add in taxes, port fees, DSC and any gratuities on the free perks. This can add 50% to 100% of the advertised cruise fare. Seasoned cruisers know this, often though,new cruisers are often surprised that the final rate is much more than what they thought it was going to be.

Just a visit to the NCL site the first cruise it shows me after clicking search is a 7 day $499 per person. Sounds pretty cheap to me.

GEM 7 days out of NYC, end of April - PC/GSC/Nassau ... less than 5 weeks & Upgrade Advantage been out a little more than 2 weeks. IX is $799 + OX just drop 50 to $849 (p/p + taxes/fees + DSC, etc.) Roll calls for this and following one equally quiet.

Perhaps AS/FDR rather sail with empty cabins - jus checking, still lots of availability - including top tiered. 10+ in Havens including 1 Garden Villa and 5x 2BR Villa. Suites - 22 plus, including 7 x 2 BR family suites and also GTY's. Mini's has 14+ and GTY's and Balconies has 8+ and GTY's. Not going to count OV's and Insides, especially if Upgrades are going to happen ... maybe sales & cruise partners can do magic in next 3 or 4 weeks ??

Who knows, maybe in another week or two, they will drop prices to their rock bottom without the "Free" offers to see if they can attract bargain cruisers ... could be a good B2B since GEM is coming from 10 days Carib, chance to see different ports.

Sounds good until you add in taxes, port fees, DSC and any gratuities on the free perks. This can add 50% to 100% of the advertised cruise fare. Seasoned cruisers know this, often though,new cruisers are often surprised that the final rate is much more than what they thought it was going to be.

Point is, that is a very cheap price. Has nothing to do with seasoned cruisers or newbies. The OP was saying there aren't any deals, and I gave one example.

They aren't happening because FDR does not believe in conducting business that way. He has moved NCL from the "discount to fill" model to a "market to fill" model. This involves more price protection and very limited discounting on the price. The adjustments under this model are made through the available "deals" or perks (think Free at Sea) as opposed to lower and lower fares.

Any seasoned cruiser knows that "taxes, port fees, and the DSC" will be the same no matter the advertised cruise fare...making this irrelevant to the question at hand. Additionally, seasoned cruisers know not to worry about the "gratuities on the free perks" since there are no free perks available when booking the X category cabin being discussed anyway.

Im looking in Canadian and its 1,137.00 per person for second week of April for a guarantee balcony.

Holiday week. Easter is that week, a lot of kids will have some/all days off. Good luck getting a cheap cruise that week. $500 inside rooms the week before and after - they are $750 for that week (50% increase).