Fuel Charge Supplement???

rbrugler

Has NCL imposed the fuel charge supplement? We leave on the Getaway April 2nd. This would cost us an additional $630! I hope this is not true. :confused:

Considering that there is a threshold of $65/barrel for West Texas Intermediate Crude before the surcharge can be added, and the WTI has not been above $65/barrel since Nov 2014, and is currently $47/barrel, I don't see it happening any time soon. The last time it was even considered by the cruise lines was back in 2007/2008, if I remember right. Every cruise line has this clause in their terms and conditions.

I did a search to see if I could find out how full the ship was, and two sites said that the supplement was in effect. I am just wanting to confirm whether it is or isn't. Thank you for the responses.

Given that they don't know that the fuel surcharge is not in effect, I'd be wary of their statistics on how full the ship is.

absolutely not: as for the extra amount, are you sure of your figures? Of course it doesn't make any difference just curious. You may not fully understand the sur charge. Now, as for NCL and a charge, as mentioned in another post, if it goes back into effiect it will affect every line.