Carnival Breeze Review 2/19-2/26

Aratski

Thanks for taking the time to write. I love seeing a cruise through a first timers eyes. It is a great reminder of all that I have been blessed to experience.

Just my opinion: You had a great cruise because you chose to make it great.

A perfect example is the wait to debark in Jamaica. Standing body to body on the stairs--You can let it taint your entire day OR you can think, go with the flow it is over in a few minutes. YOUR choice to go with the flow can make a difference in how you view the remainder of the day.

I am not saying that everyone that has a not so great cruise should overlook things. I think you need to be reasonably with complaints. I was reading on book of faces a post that was complaining that Carnival charges for bottled water in the room. Really? What hotel do you stay that provides bottle water? If the cost of that $3.95 bottle of water is going to ruin your cruise you might want to find a different vacation. You also might want to do a little research about what is available. Purchase bottle water for $4 per 12 pack.

Sorry, I got off on a rant. I just wanted to let you know your attitude is so refreshing and again Thank you.

Thanks for taking the time to write. I love seeing a cruise through a first timers eyes. It is a great reminder of all that I have been blessed to experience.

Just my opinion: You had a great cruise because you chose to make it great.

A perfect example is the wait to debark in Jamaica. Standing body to body on the stairs--You can let it taint your entire day OR you can think, go with the flow it is over in a few minutes. YOUR choice to go with the flow can make a difference in how you view the remainder of the day.

I am not saying that everyone that has a not so great cruise should overlook things. I think you need to be reasonably with complaints. I was reading on book of faces a post that was complaining that Carnival charges for bottled water in the room. Really? What hotel do you stay that provides bottle water? If the cost of that $3.95 bottle of water is going to ruin your cruise you might want to find a different vacation. You also might want to do a little research about what is available. Purchase bottle water for $4 per 12 pack.

Sorry, I got off on a rant. I just wanted to let you know your attitude is so refreshing and again Thank you.

Thanks! :D

Found the Thrill theater so we could buy our weekly passes.

We want to buy the passes... how much are they and are they only available at the Thrill Theater or can we buy them at Guest Services? Thanks in advance! I'm so excited for our cruise!

We want to buy the passes... how much are they and are they only available at the Thrill Theater or can we buy them at Guest Services? Thanks in advance! I'm so excited for our cruise!

Never mind- saw you answered my second question in your next post! So it's off to the Thrill Theater to buy the passes... but can you tell me how much they are per person?

We're sailing the same itinerary in May 2018 and I can't WAIT!! I will have 2 kids (8 and 11) with me at the time, but I know we'll have a blast. I love reading your experiences and the pictures are so helpful!

What does that Ziggy Marley beverage consist of? I've never had one but it sure does look good!

Pina Colada, Mango and Strawberry I believe. It was yummy!! If you get the alcoholic kind, its called a Bob Marley and has different colors. I think a green, but not sure whats in it.

Never mind- saw you answered my second question in your next post! So it's off to the Thrill Theater to buy the passes... but can you tell me how much they are per person?

I think they were $14.95 per person and the 'dare to be scared' were a $3 add on

Next up - Grand Cayman...or..... not....

We heard rumors we might not be able port at Grand Cayman, there was a cold front pushing through. Wednesday night, we crossed the lido deck to head back to our cabin, and it was pouring rain. They were having an activity on deck and everyone was off to the sides trying to stay under the sheltered areas. Was kinda fun to run through the storm.

We headed to bed and woke up, looked outside, we could see land, turned the TV on for the ship channel, watched the front camera shot and the map. Around 7:00-7:30 the port authority decided to close the port, so back out to sea we went. It was fine, I do like sea days. Before this trip, in the planning stages, I would read...'Ohhhh sea days are my faovrite' ....'if I could find a cruise that's all sea days, I'd book it in a heartbeat'. I remember thinking, aren't you bored? Isn't the whole point to see the countries? I have to tell you... I LOVE sea days. They are so relaxing and enjoyable. I like going to ports too, but enjoy my sea days more!

We decided to eat breakfast in the blush dining room. We got seated right by the window. It was the perfect start to the day. After breakfast we went and laid out on the serenity deck for a couple hours....then went to Lido for Guys Burgers and some fruit. Ran into our friends....sat and chatted. Then went our separate ways till dinner. We musta got some sun today, and around dinner started feeling it. Oooopsss I swore I put sun screen on, but we got fried. I actually got sun poisoning....oops...that made Cozumel kinda hard. I needed shade. I felt kinda yuck and my feet/calves were swelling and I had an itchy rash on my feet

IMG_4642_zps1prcsuau.jpg

IMG_4641_zpsfgldbunf.jpg

Off for my lunch break now....I'll post again soon. Next up will be Cozumel. We swam with the Dolphins...so I'll be chatting about that!!

It's Friday...Cozumel day, but also on the same note....it's Friday, that means our cruse is almost over! Sad to think.

Because we missed Grand Cayman, we were able to port in Cozumel 2 hours early. We had a leisure morning. Our dolphin swim wasn't until 12:30. So we could have a chill morning. We didn't need to be in the cattle call getting off the ship. We could wait a few, let the masses go ahead and have a relaxing time getting off.

We got up, went to Lido and got made to order omelets, they were great. Hot fresh and cooked just the way we wanted them!! I see why a lot of people like the omelet station. It's worth the 5-15 minute wait. We got off the ship and made our way to the taxi cabs. This was the first time that we had a ship next to us. So it was cool seeing the 2 massive ships side by side. Later that evening I heard the cruise director say we were the largest ship in Cozumel that day! Kinda fun!

IMG_4573_zpsllfldo7o.jpg

IMG_4707_zpsi6tctrja.jpg

Our cabbie took us straight to Chankanaab where we checked in, got our bracelets and proceeded to check into the Dolphin area. They checked us in there and told us to come back at 12:15 for our 12:30 time slot. (A couple months before we sailed, we found a Groupon for the Royal Dolphin Swim at Dolphin Discovery for much less, took the risk and purchased them. Hoping everything worked out in our favor! We weren't sure if we were got the buffet as part of it or not so budgeted as if we didn't)

IMG_4583_zpsmy8n9mlh.jpg

Everything ran very smooth and was seamless. We were just in time to see the sea lion show so made our way there. It was cute.

IMG_4591_zpshmmaepkm.jpg

After the show was over, we headed along the shore to find some chairs, I was not too pleased with the sun and tried to find as much shade as I could. Note to future self, and readers...don't ruin your vacation by a miserable sunburn. Not that it ruined my day, it just made me more miserable. We ended up finding chairs all the way at the end, near some hammocks. Parked our stuff there and decided to go for a swim. Oh my, that felt SO good to my body and my mind needed that time to cool off. We didn't have too much time before we needed to make our way back to be there for the best part of the whole day! This was something I have wanted to do for a very, very long time and some of the photos I have the biggest grin and look SO cheesy but I was loving every minute with the dolphins.

We walked back to the dolphin place and sat around and waited. My husband got a locker for our GoPro and other stuff then it was time...they divided us up, got our life jackets (which originally had me a little worried, since I am overweight, the thought...'will I fit' always crosses my mind...but it was a non issue Yay! - so any other 'fluffy' people out there cruising...DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!!! No one cares... if they do... well, you'll never see them again!)

XIM_1842_zpsyk7rwcxj.jpg

We were the Baracuda Group, about 12 people in our group. There was a cute family with a few kids in our group, the rest were adults or late teen age girls! Let me just say, these dolphins are the most beautiful things ever. They are SO graceful, so gentle, so sweet and have such force! I told the trainer I wanted her job, she laughed and said, "No you don't, trust me!" Haha. Still...I would love it!

So before we got into the water, we took a photo with our friends on the pier. Once we walked down the stairs into the water we all stood in a line and the trainer shows up with the dolphins and begins to feed them. They do some cute tricks and the fun begins. The trainer picked my husband and I to be the guinea pigs and show everyone how it's done. They alternated, dorsal tow, foot push, dorsal tow, foot push all the way down the line. Then the dolphins took a break, had some treats and back to the same rotation. After that it was onto the kiss, shake hands, and other fun stuff.

I was first up with the Dorsal Tow...

XIM_1875_zps7qyvcbyk.jpg

Let me tell you, I lost about 15-20 pounds prior to the cruise. I started to lose my swim skirt, haha...they are pretty strong!! I was worried about the foot push, since I would be partly out of the water. I didn't want a swimsuit malfunction, and NO BODY needed to see that!! Haha

Next up, my husband, ready to do the foot push. He swam out til the trainer said stop, then you lay on your tummy in the water like your superman and the dolphins do their thing. When you do the torsal tow, you 'stand up' in the water and slap your hands down, which tells them you are ready and they come on each side of you, pretty much stop while you grab on and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee have a fun ride!!

XIM_1869_zpskqjgywbm.jpg

XIM_1852_zpsqfch0zwt.jpg

XIM_1856_zpskpuxdwsj.jpg

XIM_1861_zpssmnw6eiu.jpg

After he got done, then when my turn came again, I got to do the foot push. Haha...ummmm remember the skirt issue?? Haha.. Well, 2 arms in the air I cannot do!! Sooooo I look like I am riding a bull. haha

XIM_1977_zpswj3et8jp.jpg

XIM_1964_zpsurqnaj9h.jpg

Remember me saying I had the biggest cheesiest grin!??!

XIM_1965_zpsgysi5x6k.jpg

Got that skirt...phew!!

XIM_1969_zpsnsttcdcv.jpg

annnnd the hubs getting to do the Dorsal tow

XIM_1959_zpsixilsbwy.jpg

Now the interaction with the dolphins... love....just love

XIM_2045_zpsxm7h4eme.jpg

XIM_2048_zpsw1k3flbd.jpg

XIM_2054_zpsnfovgmn8.jpg

XIM_2057_zpso6zkx5r1.jpg

The hubs turn....

XIM_2333_zpsomxnouou.jpg

XIM_2340_zpsjzexk2w3.jpg

XIM_2341_zpsuy743ufo.jpg

XIM_2344_zpsycp5agr0.jpg

This was seriously the best excursion of our trip. I was like a kid in a candy store...grinning ear to ear, so excited to be playing with my new friends. So grateful we got to do it!!

Gosh, it's all coming to an end now!! :loudcry:

After our dolphin part was over, we walked to the other side of the pier and got back in while another trainer fed a manatee and it swam up and back, THEN it was over. We looked at the dolphin photos and told the people we had to think about it. They started out higher and came down to $100/per couple. But we weren't sure and needed to chat. We decided to grab a bite at their buffet, it was included with our Groupon ticket purchase. It was food...nothin' to write about. If I didn't have it included with my ticket, I would not have eaten there. Yuck.

We headed back to our spot and rented some snorkel equipment on the way and began snorkeling for the next hour and a half, before heading to the gift shop/photo place to purchase the photos.

While snorkeling they have underwater things to check out, one being a Christ Statue that my husband got on the GoPro and it's in our video. Kinda cool. We saw an eel, water snake and sting ray too. It was fun. We are heading back to Cozumel in June and can't wait to go snorkeling again.

Our time there came to a close, we wanted some time to shop at the pier, so took a $17 cab back to the pier and got some souvenirs then onto the ship 15 minutes before we needed to be.

We got ready and had dinner in the MDR that night. When we booked they set up to have a cake delivered on Friday night. I had completely forgotten about it. I have no photos or video of it, cuz I forgot! Haha....however, our friends got it all on camera, one of these days I'll get the footage from them and be able to see!! Our waiter and his team sang Happy Anniversary to us and during the song said, "Kiss...kiss.." a few times...it was funny, and cute!!

We had SO much fun in Cozumel!! Can't wait to go back.....it was a great day!

We are heading out for the evening and taking our grandaughter to eat and play a bit. I am planning on another post with my overall thoughts and some of the shows we went to, thoughts on the food, ship etc. So not done yet!

Great review! Are these pictures you took or did you have them take them and if you did, how much do they charge? They are really good pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review! Are these pictures you took or did you have them take them and if you did, how much do they charge? They are really good pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!! All the dolphin photos were taken by dolphin discovery. We paid $100 for them.

Totally worth it in my opinion. Definitely puts a smile on my face every time I see them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums