I always prepay my tips but i was told a crew member who was great with us had tips l

I always prepay my tips but i was told a crew member who was great to us had his tips reduced because he had some bad reviews.Is it really true if you stopped your tips and gave them to who you want they have to put it into the tip pool and not allowed to keep the full amount

love sailing with RCCL

I always prepay my tips but i was told a crew member who was great to us had his tips reduced because he had some bad reviews.Is it really true if you stopped your tips and gave them to who you want they have to put it into the tip pool and not allowed to keep the full amount

love sailing with RCCL

It has been reported that if you remove the prepaid or standard tips and tip in cash they have to put the suggested amount into the tip pool to be shared as normal. Anything over the suggested amount is theirs to keep. Because of this, we always prepay and then just tip extra to whoever we want:D

It has been reported that if you remove the prepaid or standard tips and tip in cash they have to put the suggested amount into the tip pool to be shared as normal. Anything over the suggested amount is theirs to keep. Because of this, we always prepay and then just tip extra to whoever we want:D

Thats what we always do it was just i did not like the idea that my tips were possibly not going to who i wanted because of a third party review.

love sailing with RCCL

Thats what we always do it was just i did not like the idea that my tips were possibly not going to who i wanted because of a third party review.

love sailing with RCCL

No, your DSC will be distributed according to the corporate policy to all those eligible. If someone reduced their DSC, then everyone in the pool will have their portion reduced by that amount. Some lines, if you specify why you are reducing the DSC, will target the reduction to those crew as a group (stewards, or wait staff). In extreme cases, it can be directed at individual crew, but that is rare, as the DSC is used as a "team building" tool (more like carrot and stick) to get peer pressure to ensure uniform service across the board. But regardless, if you have left your DSC intact, your steward and your wait staff will get their share of your full DSC.

And I believe it is RCI's policy to pool tips given by pax who reduce their DSC. Tips given when DSC is left intact are the crew member's to keep.

No, your DSC will be distributed according to the corporate policy to all those eligible. If someone reduced their DSC, then everyone in the pool will have their portion reduced by that amount. Some lines, if you specify why you are reducing the DSC, will target the reduction to those crew as a group (stewards, or wait staff). In extreme cases, it can be directed at individual crew, but that is rare, as the DSC is used as a "team building" tool (more like carrot and stick) to get peer pressure to ensure uniform service across the board. But regardless, if you have left your DSC intact, your steward and your wait staff will get their share of your full DSC.

And I believe it is RCI's policy to pool tips given by pax who reduce their DSC. Tips given when DSC is left intact are the crew member's to keep.

Thank you,you have explained perfectly i was just a little concerned about a crew member when i didn't need to be.Graham&Pauline.

love sailing with RCCL