Who has stayed in a Handicap Family Suite "SJ" on the Norwegian Dawn?

Suesan Jean

Hi! I am planning a cruise on the Norwegian Dawn and I have reserved a Handicap Cabin, #12032.

Does anyone have any pictures of this cabin or cabin #12532?

Also, being so close to the pool area, will there be a lot of noise?

Just wondering, any thoughts and opinions will be Greatly Appreciated!! :)

Thank You!!:):)

We stayed in that suite last year and loved it!. We had no issue with noise from the pool area!. Was a little noisy in the middle of the night when they were washing deck 13. We will be back on in Sept. trying a family suite with balcony this year!

I have been in the cabin adjacent to this cabin (starboard 12030) and visited.

When you enter the cabin you have reserved on the left will be large wheelchair accessible bath facility.

No walls the facility has floor to ceiling curtains. The deck floor will have a slight depression to drain away

the water and keep the carpeted cabin floor dry.

This cabin does not have a balcony and at the time of my visit Jan '15 none of the 4 large glass panels

showed any deterioration.

This cabin is right across from the library and the passageway turns and goes thru a motion detected

door to the pool deck passing by towel exchange booth.

Noise would not be a significant factor in your selection of this cabin - in the passageway between the

cabin and the pool is a service closet acting as a buffer.

Late entertainment music is usually not a factor exception of "White Night Out".

The loud music is reserved for the Spinnaker and Star Dust Theatre locations and lessor so to the

Atrium deck 7.

THE ONLY SIGNICANT NOISE IS the running track on deck 13 over the cabin ceiling until the NCL

crew ropes it off limits about 8 pm and opens it in the am about 8. At times runners are still using this

running laps around the bow of the ship - solution call the Guest relations desk or security.

Access to this cabin is mild moment spoiled by going up a slight grade to the forward elevators or

across a wet pool deck to the elevators that are midship (think Cagney's to the Atrium) - these are

the glass elevators viewing down into the Atrium. Access to the Buffet is on the same deck but

in rotten weather the air doors are disabled and require a trip over the bump step doors to the

elevator foyer and the alternate way into the Buffet areas.

Since you are in a suite with butler and concierge service and a PLUS that will be of

great use to you getting help is a portable cell type phone - take it with you and call

for help if you are caught in situation. Have someone a cabin mate in your cabin

you can call your own cabin and have that someone meet you or help.

You can also take it off ship on a shore excursion and if you can see the ship you

can use the phone at no charge - one of the undiscovered perks of the Suite !

• 11 months later...

My 87 yer old wheelchair/limited mobility mother booked this trip for our family. A penthouse family suite and a balcony suite for 5 of us.

The embarkation in Tampa was a nightmare, even with valet parking, priority status and my mother in an electric wheelchair it was a 2 hour process to get on board.

Once on board, my mother, her husband and I went to settle in 12032 supposedly a handicap accessible room. The floor by the fold out couch was soaking wet from leaking windows and we had to have a drying machine placed (huge) placed in our suite everyday of cruising.

I noticed the safety rail separating the shower from the toilet was rickety and complained, they fixed it right away by adding 2 more bolts to the loose 2 there. But what could not be fixed was the height of the king bed; 28" so my mother who is a large woman recovering from cancer could not transfer from her wheelchair. They provided us with a step unit (!) This suite is meant to sleep 4 comfortably, but I don't know how that would be possible. I slept on the hard as rock (full size) pleather fold out couch with crate foam on top. There is also no lamp/light available for whomever sleeps on the couch bed, our lovely butler lent me his personal magnetic flashlight so I could read at night.

My mother fell twice off the step unit injuring herself with deep lacerations (luckily did not break anything) and the last 2 nights she and her husband slept on the small hard sofa bed.

I would also suggest earplugs, the suite is just off the pool deck and nights that host parties have the booming bass beating in the room till about midnight.