Room service breakfast

Herfnerd

On disembarkation day, that is

I read its possible but is it the regular or a limited room service breakfast menu and is there a time it must be ordered/delivered by?

September Eurodam cruise returning from Alaska.

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A very positive experience ordering Room Service Breakfast on disembarkation day has been my experience as well. Surely avoids the chaos in the Lido Restaurant as well.

I was very pleasantly surprised that on the morning disembarking Carnival Liberty on January 26th, a Continental Room Service Breakfast (which is their standard Room Service Breakfast) was also available. CCL encourages "best practices" to be shared among their Operating Companies. May I think that Carnival Cruise Lines "learned" something from Holland America Lines?

We just got off of the Koningsdam on 3/22 and attempted to contact room service multiple times the morning of disembarkation just to order coffee. The phone was never answered and immediately went to hold. We finally gave up and went to the dining room.

We just got off of the Koningsdam on 3/22 and attempted to contact room service multiple times the morning of disembarkation just to order coffee. The phone was never answered and immediately went to hold. We finally gave up and went to the dining room.

You didn't order room service breakfast on the card?

We order breakfast room service on disembarkation day for every cruise on HAL. Very pleasurable experience (before we have to leave the ship and get back to "real life") We just fill out the card and leave it outside our room as usual. They have always been on time and everything was correct with the order. We avoid the Lido due to the crowds on the last morning.

No, it is not necessary. We just called for coffee every morning when we woke up (times varied) and it was always delivered within 15 minutes.

Why would I want to fill out a card for coffee the night before when I don't know what time I will awaken in the morning??

No, it is not necessary. We just called for coffee every morning when we woke up (times varied) and it was always delivered within 15 minutes.

Why would I want to fill out a card for coffee the night before when I don't know what time I will awaken in the morning??

That's my problem with the card. On most days we just get up when we feel like it. But if we have an early tour or it's time to disembark, then I do know what time I'll want to be up.

On our Alaska cruise I knew we'd want coffee at some point in the morning we were in Glacier Bay, so I filled out the card for coffee and pastries for midmorning rather than wait and call at a time when many people might be wanting a warm-up from room service.

BTW, on the often-asked subject of who gets which menu, on Zuiderdam in February suites got the old a la carte order card and other cabins got the new card with fewer choices.

That's what we do on every cruise we take as we're never sure what time we'll be up in the morning;)

I totally agree with you SusieKay, I also never know when I am going to be ready for breakfast, except when I have arranged for a shore excursion of course! Being awakened by room service, and having to eat immediately before things get cold, is not my idea of a relaxing start to my day. But.........I ALWAYS order room service the night before disembarkation day, because I know I will be up, and just about everyone else will be wanting room service, and they are going to be swamped! Just makes sense to me.

However, we had independent , late disembarkation and were assigned to leave the ship between 945- 1015am. We attempted to order coffee between 715- 745 after we got up, prior to having breakfast in the dining room which was open until 830.

We certainly would have pre-ordered had we required an early departure.

On disembarkation day, "it's all hands on deck". Most crew members are assigned to facilitate getting the guests and their luggage off the ship. There's not a bunch of room service waiters hanging around waiting for your call for coffee when you decide to wake up on disembarkation day. Any other day, sure, no problem. But when they are trying to get 2000 passengers and 4000 bags off of the ship, and prep it for 2000 more coming onboard, you should order the night before and set your alarm or wake-up call. We have always had our usual full breakfast room service on disembarkation day, BUT, ordered the night before.

We order room service breakfast almost every morning, including disembarkation day. I know from past experience that getting someone to answer the phone for room service or the front desk on embarkation or debarkation days isn't going to happen. They are too busy. We always order the night before.

The reason you would want to fill out a card (especially for that last morning) is because it is possible that nobody will answer your phone call :). Staff is stretched thin on disembarkation mornings. Order in advance with a card...and they will take care of you. Try to do it at the last minute..you are rolling the dice. Most other lines do not even have room service on that last morning....which we think is a great plus for HAL. We once asked Celebrity's CEO about having room service breakfast on the last morning and he said there was no way he would add that burden to the crew...who were already working very hard on a turn around day.

Hank

Saying what you suggested, effectively, "We will ignore you," projects a message to customers that no company in is right mind would want to project, while 20 or 30 minutes on hold projects the message, "We are very busy helping passengers," which is both reasonable and non-self-defacing.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

The one time I tried to order room service breakfast on disembarkation day (my first HAL cruise) I filled out my card the evening before and hung it out prior to retiring. I waited and waited and breakfast never showed up. When I called they said they didn't have my order. However, the card was gone. These days I just go to the Lido.