About booking with early saver

Capitan Morgan

I am about to book a cruise with carnival using the early saver ( the cruise is in august) I am booking an interior cabin. My idea is to possibly change in a balcony cabin in the future close to the cruise date,when prices get lower. I will probably do after the full payment. Is it something that can be done or it is against " early saver" regulations? Very appreciated your input, since this will be the first time using the early saver

I doubt balcony price will actually go down after you make your final payment but in any case if you can cabins you will be subject to the $50.00 per person change fee (they may waive this.) I hope you find a deal and enjoy the cruise.

There isn't a charge to upgrade your cabin. We have had easy saver for each of our past cruises and we have upgraded several times. As long as it is an upgrade, there is no charge.

This is correct according to my experience. However, to the OP, I booked our August cruise last August and the price has steadily increased ever since.

I will be surprised if there are any significant decreases, other than for guaranteed cabins.

I am booking an interior cabin. My idea is to possibly change in a balcony cabin in the future close to the cruise date,when prices get lower. .. Is it something that can be done or it is against " early saver" regulations?

If you do an upgrade to your booking resulting in added revenue, any change fees will be waived.

But the best price you will pay for a balcony cabin is now. Not 4 or 5 months from now. Despite the Carnival = Walmart references, Carnival is not "constantly rolling back prices."

True that a few years ago as the economy was recovering and there was a lot of negative cruise publicity, people were regularly scoring big price reductions and OBC with Early Saver price matching. Bookings are very strong now so you don't see that as much lately.

Waiting for big balcony price drops probably won't pan out because unfortunately, the future ain't what it used to be.

There isn't a charge to upgrade your cabin. We have had easy saver for each of our past cruises and we have upgraded several times. As long as it is an upgrade, there is no charge.

Yep, no change fee, but you do pay the price differential for the upgraded cabin.

I am about to book a cruise with carnival using the early saver ( the cruise is in august) I am booking an interior cabin. My idea is to possibly change in a balcony cabin in the future close to the cruise date,when prices get lower. I will probably do after the full payment. Is it something that can be done or it is against " early saver" regulations? Very appreciated your input, since this will be the first time using the early saver

If you choose an interior cabin, make sure it's one you'll be happy with. August is prime time for cruising, and the demand for balcony cabins is high. In all probability, as the demand increases and availability decreases, prices will go UP, not down. My advice would be, if you want a balcony cabin, get a balcony cabin now, then periodically check Fare Viewer to see if by chance there are any price drops that you could apply for.

Your strategy will most likely not work out very well. The best strategy these days is to book the cabin type you want extremely early (best is a year out) at the best early saver rate you can get. Cabin prices over the last few years have done nothing but gone up as cruises gets closer. 3 times over the last 3 years, I have booked balcony cabins on the Magic for $909 p/p a year from sailing date. All three times these cabins did not go down in price. In fact in the last few months before cruise date these cabins were in excess of $1600 p/p.

This is correct according to my experience. However, to the OP, I booked our August cruise last August and the price has steadily increased ever since.

I will be surprised if there are any significant decreases, other than for guaranteed cabins.

I agree with this! We booked our current cruise about 18 months ago and those cabins are either all gone or are priced at 7-800$ more than we paid.

I agree about the real possibility of a Balcony Cabin not being available the closer you get to your cruise. Last cruise was in February on the Elation. A month beforeme and my Mom's trip, we decided to upgrade ourselves from O.V. To Balcony. Nope...not available.

So, for our next cruise ( Feb 2018 ). Booked what we wanted, a Balcony! :)