Getting Your Passport Stamped in the Caribbean

I know this subject comes up every so often, on the boards and since people we met on our recent cruise were shocked you could do this, I will tell you my experience.

We stopped at Tortola, Antigua, St. Kitts, Dominica and St. Martin and I got my passport stamped at all these locations. Every port has an immigration office at the pier. Ask someone in uniform were the immigration office is located. Sometimes, if you ask a random local the don't always know. I can't even tell you were the offices are because some don't even have any markings. At on stop, an officer told me to go through an open door in a building on the pier and knock on the third door. I did, and the lady was so nice. At another stop, a lady in uniform told me to follow her.

I only had one immigration gentleman who acted put-out. The rest were all very friendly and were more than happy to stamp my passport.

I think I now have a stamp from all the Caribbean Islands we have visited over the years!

yes! You need to ask someone in a uniform! I have my passport stamped in St Kitts, Georgetown, Nassau. I'm just a newbie getting Caribbean stamps but ask and you shall receive! BTW, does anyone know where to get them stamped in Costa Maya and Cozumel?

Shows what I know--- I thought they only stamped when you entered in/out of a country.

Actually, you are entering their country. A couple of my stamps have "by sea" in the stamp so I assume it is a different stamp if you arrive by air. My stamp from St. Martin says "arrived by sea/employment prohibited". :D

We're happy whenever a country does NOT stamp our passports. Less chance of running out of empty visa pages before your passport expires. But have to admit that it'll be special, in our dotage, to dine on our memories by thumbing through our expired passports and looking at those entry/exit cachets and elaborate paste-on stamps.