Questions re: gratuities and beverage packages

Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions I am hoping to get help with.

1. I am planning on purchasing either the soda package or next level beverage package for my daughter, who is 17. She is reluctant to carry the large souvenir cup around the ship all day, can she go up to a bar and ask for a soda drink from a bartender in a regular glass with ice or must she use that large freestyle machine?

2. I will be getting the adult beverage package....I think. Does anyone have a photo of the beverage menu? I am particularly interested in what wines by the glass would be included in the adult beverage package. If a wine is over the $12 limit, can I order it and pay the difference or do I get charged the full amount? I may just bring my 2 bottles and drink those, trying to decide!

Same goes for beer for my husband, curious as to what is offered.

3. Regarding the daily gratuities added on to our bill. Can I get the gratuities removed from my daughter's room and added to my room? She is bunking with another person in our party and I do not want them to be paying her gratuities. She is the type that would just pay for them both and not accept my paying her back lol, so my hope was to go to customer service desk and get my daughter's put on my bill.

Thanks for any help! :D

Yes, she can get a glass of soda from any bar or eating venue without that monstrosity of a cup. The cup is only needed if the ship has a "freestyle" soda machine that she wants to use.

Can't help with the wine...very over-priced so I get more "bang" from my buck with beer or mixed drinks. They carry a good selection of domestics and imported beers. Not very many "craft" beers, tho.

You can put anyone you want on your account. So you simply add your daughter to YOUR account. You can do that when you do your online check-in.

You can get soda from any bar or restaurant with your SeaPass card. Selection will be limited to around 6 choices.

For wines over $12, you would get charged for the difference plus 18%. Beer has no value limit, virtually all are included. If someone orders the Chimay Blue 750ml, which is not included, they would have to pay the full price.

Gratuities are charged to the person, not to the stateroom. You can either prepay your daughter's gratuities, or pay for her onboard charges.

1. I am planning on purchasing either the soda package or next level beverage package for my daughter, who is 17. She is reluctant to carry the large souvenir cup around the ship all day, can she go up to a bar and ask for a soda drink from a bartender in a regular glass with ice or must she use that large freestyle machine?

A: Absolutely not a problem to get a soda at bar.

2. I will be getting the adult beverage package....I think. Does anyone have a photo of the beverage menu? I am particularly interested in what wines by the glass would be included in the adult beverage package. If a wine is over the $12 limit, can I order it and pay the difference or do I get charged the full amount? I may just bring my 2 bottles and drink those, trying to decide!

Same goes for beer for my husband, curious as to what is offered.

A: You are only charged for the difference + 18% on the difference. We were on Anthem 2 weeks ago and the included was now up to $13. We had a few glasses that were $17 and a few that were $14. We only paid $4.72 and $1.18. Wine menus vary by venu.

3. Regarding the daily gratuities added on to our bill. Can I get the gratuities removed from my daughter's room and added to my room? She is bunking with another person in our party and I do not want them to be paying her gratuities. She is the type that would just pay for them both and not accept my paying her back lol, so my hope was to go to customer service desk and get my daughter's put on my bill.

A: I would be very surprised if they could not do this. but... I'm not 100% sure

Have a great Cruise

dp

You can get soda from any bar or restaurant with your SeaPass card. Selection will be limited to around 6 choices.

For wines over $12, you would get charged for the difference plus 18%. Beer has no value limit, virtually all are included. If someone orders the Chimay Blue 750ml, which is not included, they would have to pay the full price.

Gratuities are charged to the person, not to the stateroom. You can either prepay your daughter's gratuities, or pay for her onboard charges.

Thanks! I was worried that due to her being underage she would be refused.

I think it's best to prepay her gratuities, I don't know why that didn't come to mind!

Or you can pay cash into the cabin's account at guest service that will cover the gratuity for your daughter.

One more question! Sorry, I have only cruised three times.

Is there a way to set up my account as a cash payment rather than a credit card payment?

I am paying for the cruise via credit card, and will most likely pre-pay grats and drink packages also via credit card.

I'd like to have my onboard accounts as cash so I don't run into any extra random charges to my account being charged to my card after I leave the ship (such as water, as I have read has happened)

Do I need to put a deposit down or something in order to do that?

One more question! Sorry, I have only cruised three times.

Is there a way to set up my account as a cash payment rather than a credit card payment?

I am paying for the cruise via credit card, and will most likely pre-pay grats and drink packages also via credit card.

I'd like to have my onboard accounts as cash so I don't run into any extra random charges to my account being charged to my card after I leave the ship (such as water, as I have read has happened)

Do I need to put a deposit down or something in order to do that?

Yes, you can set up your onboard account as a "cash" account. No deposit needed. They will let you charge $500 over any credits that you may have before they ask you to pay it down.

We paid our kids' gratuities, and ours, before we went. We had our travel agent do it-- I know they have your $ early, but nice to not see that huge amount on your bill at the end. I like that you can check your account on your tv daily now. Your choice to give steward, waiters anything additional at the end.

I had the refreshment pkg- soda,coffee drinks, water, oj-- if you get at a bar they will often run a slip-- it says zero, but has room for a tip- which you have already really paid. VERY few bar pool attendants seen- easier to go to bar yourself.

We just got off the Freedom on Sunday. Back to reality.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the ship, on the wines they had some great red wine at dinner. I didn't order wine out by the pool but asked for their suggestions keeping under that $12 at dinner. I had a great Pinot and a very good red cab. We did Giovoni's Italian restaurant one night they had some great red wines too. Sorry, not sure on white wine as we don't drink it.

I had the big drink package and anything we wanted top shelf was there and available. Great choice in vodka, my husband got Crown Royal a couple of nights. I don't think I saw Patron but I didn't look for it either. They looked to have good rum as well.

1. I am planning on purchasing either the soda package or next level beverage package for my daughter, who is 17. She is reluctant to carry the large souvenir cup around the ship all day, can she go up to a bar and ask for a soda drink from a bartender in a regular glass with ice or must she use that large freestyle machine? yes she can get fountain soda by the glass anywhere that serves it.

Same goes for beer for my husband, curious as to what is offered. depends on what you like. most of the time you can find a good standard middle of the road within the $12 limit. now that they have gone to the smaller set of packages anything over that limit you pay the difference. Vintages may be the only place you will routinely be forking over extra money.

3. Regarding the daily gratuities added on to our bill. Can I get the gratuities removed from my daughter's room and added to my room? She is bunking with another person in our party and I do not want them to be paying her gratuities. She is the type that would just pay for them both and not accept my paying her back lol, so my hope was to go to customer service desk and get my daughter's put on my bill. each person has a folio linked to their card/sea pass. just use YOUR credit card to secure it.

I have often found that when we ask for a recommendation for wine, they will happily keep it under the limit while still providing a good fermented grape juice.