How is the butler service in the aft facing haven suite?

javalsu

My wife and I are thinking of going to Alaska on the Bliss, and we want to stay in the aft. I'm not keen on being so far away from the Haven area, but we do like to have breakfast room service. Has anybody noticed a drop in butler service when not in the Haven area?

Your butler (not the location) will determine the level of service. Some butlers are better than others. If you have a great butler who is working the aft, it will be fine. If you have a bad one, well....:(

They rotate their assignments so it isn't a case of "good butlers work here, bad butlers work there...".

I have no complaints about the butler service in the H6.

I like aft suites too. Have done on Dawn (once), Sun twice (no Haven) and done Haven Owners suite on Epic. Only my first Butler on Sun was not excellent.

If you like aft and do not mind walking to Haven for suite meals, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As Two Wheels Says. I know on BA they rotate rooms every 2 weeks (or at least they did when we sailed). Our butler had a Haven proper room all the way forward on 16 and suites aft. The biggest issue was he had to haul stuff from butler pantry on 16 to aft.

We've had two aft suites on breakaway, first butler was meh, second was very good. Our best butler was on the Star, so I think it really depends on who you get.

Our most recent butler for the H6 on Breakaway mentioned a few times that it was difficult for him to get things from various restaurants and bring them to the cabin in a timely manner. He later explained some food cools down too much for his liking and it upsets him. I told him I was grateful to sit down to eat a meal with my family :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of the 3 Aft H6's I've been in (all the others were inside the Haven itself), one butler was good, one was fine, the last (Escape) was just awful (as in bringing foods that I kept telling her I was highly allergic to, into the suite). I tried to speak to her about it, then the concierge, but they never corrected it. After a few days, I just put it on the balcony each time (and my room steward got a nice tip for having to deal with it all - and, yes, he tried to talk to her too).

I think it's luck of the draw; however, all my "inside" the Haven were really excellent. (It's been mentioned that, since I'm solo now, they may have thought I'd tip less?) YMMV