Early trip report - our much needed vacation on the Celebrity Equinox

aml3679

I looked back to see if this was asked, could not find it.

There is a lot of chatter about the 'new' limits of the beverage packages.

Are CAN soft drinks covered by the Classic and Premium ?

EW

What are the limits you are seeing on drinks packages?? I've not seen anything [emoji848]

As for can sodas, yes they are included in both classic & premium packages [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What are the limits you are seeing on drinks packages?? I've not seen anything [emoji848]

As for can sodas, yes they are included in both classic & premium packages [emoji106]

$9 on the Classic, and $13 on the Premium.

But with the changes on 3/27 there are many comments that CAN Soda's are no longer covered

by the Classic, only fountain drinks.

Hence why I ask from someone on ship now.

We have the premium beverage package which covers all non-alcoholic drinks and everything up to $13. As far as I know, all canned soda is covered on both the classic and premium packages.

Today, after five port heavy days, we have a day at sea. Breakfast in the main dining room, we are going to another $10 sale, play trivia, swim, play cards, play bocce, read, and nap.

We went to the show last night - Tatania Maria - good singer but not our cup of tea.

Good news, everyone we spoke to, everyone loves Celebrity. My husband smokes cigars with a gentleman who has only done RCI who days he is switching to Celebrity.

$9 on the Classic, and $13 on the Premium.

But with the changes on 3/27 there are many comments that CAN Soda's are no longer covered

by the Classic, only fountain drinks.

Hence why I ask from someone on ship now.

Ok, but the limits aren't any different then before are they? Just that now you can pay the difference on some drinks vs the whole fee on the old system,

Just looked online and it now looks like it's fountain sodas only on the classic package, oh well for me I guess it's not an issue as I think this makes the premium upgrade charge even more of a great deal, 5 can a day habit sorted & covered [emoji23][emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok, but the limits aren't any different then before are they? Just that now you can pay the difference on some drinks vs the whole fee on the old system,

Just looked online and it now looks like it's fountain sodas only on the classic package, oh well for me I guess it's not an issue as I think this makes the premium upgrade charge even more of a great deal, 5 can a day habit sorted & covered [emoji23][emoji106]🏻

We were fortunate to get the premium beverage package for free. Even if that was not the case, we would still but it.

Our cruise is 11 nights and we each have 2 cappuccinos a day which equals $88. One premium oj a day which equals $44.

Also, we drink 2 sodas a day which equals $77.

My husband has 2 bourbons a night which equals $286. Etc.

At $58 a day, it is worth it for us. Bottled water is not free. We get 2 big bottles of Avian a day which equals $121.

We attended the $10 sale. Purses and handbags in every color, occasion, and size. Ties, cuff links, watches, hats, etc...

My girls are lucky: they have 2 handbags, 1 necklace, and a change purse.

For my granddaughter: a stuffed sloth and a hand embroidered sundress.

For myself: a pearl and jade necklace, 2 handbags, a coaster, and a handpainted bowl.

For my husband: 3 t-shirts, 3 shot glasses, and a flask.

Still have 2 more ports to find something for our grandson and my friend - Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Getting ready for trivia in the Ensemble Lounge.

I think the limits are the same but they have raised the price of some offerings (eg Baileys) so they are no longer included in the Classic package. You have to pay the up charge or decide if you want to upgrade your package to Premium.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am on my third paperback since leaving home. After owning a Kindle, I cannot remember the last time I read one.

Just spent 2 hours in and by the Solarium pool. What is nice, is that when the ship is in motion, the pool has a motion to it.

Waiting for my husband to have cheeseburgers at the Mast Grill.

aml3679, you mentioned you brought magnets for hanging wets suits. Where do you put them?

Sorry jumping in to answer this one. The cabin walls are all metal so the magnets will stick anywhere you put them. We usually put them on the wall across from the bed next to the tv area. Wanda

We were fortunate to get the premium beverage package for free. Even if that was not the case, we would still but it.

Our cruise is 11 nights and we each have 2 cappuccinos a day which equals $88. One premium oj a day which equals $44.

Also, we drink 2 sodas a day which equals $77.

My husband has 2 bourbons a night which equals $286. Etc.

At $58 a day, it is worth it for us. Bottled water is not free. We get 2 big bottles of Avian a day which equals $121.

Just to clarify the cost is $58 p\p, both people must have drink package in the cabin which is $1166 for 11 days. What you've specified adds up to $616 worth of drinks. So you've still got over $500 not used if you paid for it yourself. Dw and I are not big drinkers and would never drink $106 worth a day. So we can save the money and not buy the drink package if its not offered as part of the upfront cost. We always stay in insides and know the additional cost of a veranda exceeds the cost of a "free" drink package. :):)Just food for thought.

Keep enjoying your cruising, enjoying following.

You wrote that bottled water isn't covered in the premium package, which is what we have in May. (free) Last year on the Eclipse we had the classic package and had all the bottled water we wanted. Have they changed that? I hope not as we drink a lot of water!

You wrote that bottled water isn't covered in the premium package, which is what we have in May. (free) Last year on the Eclipse we had the classic package and had all the bottled water we wanted. Have they changed that? I hope not as we drink a lot of water!

No, I wrote that it was. We drink at least 2 liters of Avian a day.

Just to clarify the cost is $58 p\p, both people must have drink package in the cabin which is $1166 for 11 days. What you've specified adds up to $616 worth of drinks. So you've still got over $500 not used if you paid for it yourself. Dw and I are not big drinkers and would never drink $106 worth a day. So we can save the money and not buy the drink package if its not offered as part of the upfront cost. We always stay in insides and know the additional cost of a veranda exceeds the cost of a "free" drink package. :):)Just food for thought.

Keep enjoying your cruising, enjoying following.

We got it for free but everyone in the same room does not have to have the same package. Just the peace if mind not having to worry about costs are priceless.

The other day i had:

2 cappuccinos = $8

2 premium oj = $8

4 diet Sprites = $14

4 bottles of water = $8

4 martinis = $39

2 glasses of wine $22

That is a total of $99 - win/win. To each their own.

As I mentioned, we are headed towards Grand Caymen. We booked an excursion through the ship - turtle sanctuary, Hell and stingray city. My husband was hesitant but saw how excited I was. I fed stingrays at Seaworld in Orlando.

After breakfast, we went to the $10 sale and bought 2 handbags for my girls. Then we went and arranged luggage valet - no cost thanks to Southwest. After that we got 2 iced cappuccinos before playing trivia.

My husband went up on his favorite deck 15 to smoke a cigar, socialize and drink bourbon while I swam in the Solarium pool and finished my book. We met for burgers at 1 and then got ice cream from the Oceanview Cafe. We then went to the card room on deck 9.

My husband is napping on our balcony before we head to dinner.

How are the burgers at the grill ? I heard they had a new supplier and they were not good - they were reverting to the previous supplier. [emoji488]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Personally, I liked mine better the other day - today we ate at one and the other day at 11:30. It was not bad but I like mine pink. They serve nice toppings - sauteed onions and mushrooms, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, raw onion, katsup and mustard.

We had our champange on our balcony without a care in the world.

While my husband gets ready for the show and dinner, I am at Cafe el Bacio with a iced cappuccino and a raspberry chiffon cake.

Since I won over $100 plsying slots, I thought I would give it another go - $20 gone in less than 20 minutes.

For the ladies, there are 2 floors of shopping. On the 5th floor, there is a cologne, cosmetic and perfume store. A nautica shop for men, a Michael Korr's shop and fine jewelry.

On the 4th floor, liquor, sundries, women's clothing, etc...

My handsome husband showed up and we are going to the 7pm show - a ventriloquist who was on America's got talent - has to be better than last night. Followed by dinner - we usually eat at 5 back home.

Hi! Im enjoying your review, its easy to read and very helpful. We are on Equinox next month, can you let me know for Grand Cayman what time you depart and when last tender is? Thanks!

We dock at 6:30 and our shore excursion leaves at 8:15 -- sail away at 7pm.

To me, Costa Rica, Panama and Columbia were nothing special- have been to Cozumel before and loved it. Really excited about Grand Cayman - especially going to the turtle sanctuary and swimming with stingrays.

Went to last night's show and it was a lot of fun. Tonight is the last production and we have 2 mote nights. I am a bit disappointed.

It has still be the best vacation ever. If I can offer advice:

Bring half the amount of clothing you think you will need and wait for the laundry bag challenge.

You do not need an iron or clothes steamer - Downey Wrinkle Release works just fine.

Their hair dryer works fine - you do not have to bring one.

They provide shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, bar soap - you do not have to bring your own.

The bathroom has s night light, you di not need to bring onr.

The bathroom had plenty of storage - you do not have to bring an over the door shoe hanger.

Bring plenty of sunscreen.

Bring heavy magnetic hooks to hang swimsuits, bags, hats, etc.

Bring a deodorizing spray for the bathroom and the stateroom.

I bought a magnetic white board for communication. They also send reminder cards for reservations.

Bring a laundry bag.

Bring a power strip - not many outlets.

It drives me nuts to not know the time - I did not but wish I bought a battery operated alarm clock.

Bring a highlighter to highlight activities in the daily paper.

Bring comfortable shoes.

Take a small nao every day.

Drink a lot of water.

Relax, have fun and be kind.

Bring money to tip. Drinks include 18% but it does not go to the workers. We do not tip when we are in the main dining room but give $1 when we order 2 specialty coffees or drinks. We also give something in the special restaurants- DISCLAIMER: thid is my opinion only and not to start a debate about whether to tip or not.

Aml3679 and I have a power strip that has 4 USB ports for charging our various devices and 4 regular plugs. We came on board with it without any issues and have been using it since day 1. They certainly are allowed.