Seaside 8 day vs 15 day

jimdicap

Hello--does anyone have any idea how this impacts the ship?

The 8 day cruise starts on May 26, 2018 and is for 8 days--United States,Bahamas, St. Maarten, Puerto Rico

The 15 day cruise starts May 26, 2018 and is for 15 days--United States, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Bahamas, St. Maarten, Puerto Rico

I assume this means debarkation will be easier (since a ton of people will be staying on) but as a first time MSC cruiser how will this impact, if at all, demographics (i.e. kids on ship), dining/drinks/shows etc--since the shows/restaurants will be the same both "halves". Any input from any prior MSC cruisers who have been on similar itineraries would be great.

Thanks

I was wondering about this also......so basically what you are saying is alot of the people on the same ship will be on it for almost twice the time as the 8 day cruise. i was racking my brain as to how they could have 2 different cruises leave with the same ship....lol. this makes sense now. lol

Not sure if anyone has reported yet on how MSC handles this. On other lines, when sailing from US ports, the ship has to zero down before any new passengers can board. The ship sends you a letter a day or two before you return to Miami with instructions. You have to be checked by CBP and if there are only a few, they will walk you off after everyone leaving is off the ship, and usually right back on. If there is a large group doing the B2B, they might send an agent onboard and have you gather in a lounge and be checked off there. EM

Thanks for the info Essiesmom. Had never occurred to me that we might have to disembark. No biggy either way. We might want to go and see a bit of Miami anyway.

As I said before, noone has reported how MSC handles this...But other lines give you a transit pass and you can leave the ship with the early departures and see Miami. when you return you have to go through security but can avoid checkin. Just go to the head of the line and show your transit pass. EM