Deck 11 staterooms on Allure

Good morning! We have booked our cruise for January 2018 and I've got a few questions. Our last cruise was on Oasis in 2014, and obviously Allure is a mirror of that. We were on deck 12 mid ship and had no issues feeling movement at all. For this cruise we had to go with deck 11- which is fine- but we are at the front of the ship. Has anyone been up that far, and if so do you feel much movement? I'm worried about getting sick as I can sometimes have motion sickness, and would like to prepare myself as much as possible ahead of time so it doesn't put a damper on our cruise. TIA!

It will really depend on what the seas are like during your sailing. If it's smooth and calm, you'll be fine anywhere. If it's rough, you're gonna feel it everywhere! 80% of your day will be spent (usually) on the upper decks anyway...you generally aren't IN the cabin 24 hours!

The feeling of movement is on a ship is dependent on the sea/wind conditions relative to course/speed of the ship. In other words you cannot generalize movement based on one cruise on deck 12, nor can anyone say that deck 11 forward will have the same movement as deck 12 midship. Too many variables. If you want to minimize movement, then go as low and midship as possible.

Yes, that's very true. Didnt think about that. Our itinerary is Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Kitts. Hopefully we wont have rough seas- especially since one of the couples going are first time cruisers!

We have always seen more motion first night and last night heading out of Florida. Combination of Gulf Stream, ship direction and wind usually generates fair rocking. Lots of folks don't notice since they are asleep. Tends to put us to sleep as well.