Why is free to drink on the Epic

bromleypod

Sorry typo; above should read What not why!

hi

We are first time cruising and really not sure how things work with the drinks .

Sailing from Barcelona on Epic July 30th to Western Med and staying in the Haven. Got included a 'free' UDP for the 2 adults but the 2 kids are not included and also they are under 21.

Question is do in need to purchase a soda package for them in order for all their drinks to be included on board or are there complimentary drinks they can have as long as they don't have soda and bottled water? If so what can they have that is complimentary?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by bromleypod

hi

We are first time cruising and really not sure how things work with the drinks .

Sailing from Barcelona on Epic July 30th to Western Med and staying in the Haven. Got included a 'free' UDP for the 2 adults but the 2 kids are not included and also they are under 21.

Question is do in need to purchase a soda package for them in order for all their drinks to be included on board or are there complimentary drinks they can have as long as they don't have soda and bottled water? If so what can they have that is complimentary?

Thanks in advance for your help!

There are complementary drinks: ice tea, lemonade, strawberry-kiwi, mango(with another flavor.) They all taste pretty good. I like to mix ice tea with lemonade.

They also have plain water, as well as hot water for teas and coffee, hot chocolate(envelope.)

There's no requirement for them to get the soda package. They can get it, however, if they plan on drinking enough soda to be worth the cost. Outside of soda, the free drinks are tap water (fine to drink), lemonade, iced tea, coffee, and hot tea in all the dining locations. There is also juice and milk at breakfast. In the buffet they have all of this plus a variety of flavored waters after breakfast time; also believe there are hot chocolate packets at the buffet.

If they will be fine with these a majority of the time and just want an occasional soda, they can just pay as they go. It's all done with their card so they won't need to carry money on them. Believe sodas are roughly $3 a cup, no free refills.

Are you sure they don't have a soda package? When my sister booked for her, my BIL and niece, sister and BIL got the UBP and my niece got a free soda package. I would check your confirmation.

Depends on when booking was made, or on cabin type. On some bookings the drinks perk is only for passengers 1 & 2, nothing for 3 & 4.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you sure they don't have a soda package? When my sister booked for her, my BIL and niece, sister and BIL got the UBP and my niece got a free soda package. I would check your confirmation.

The UBP I got is only for the 2 adults.