20% Dining...Advice requested!

ebeart

On our recent cruise on the Millennium through Asia our MDR waiter was able to get us 50% of one night. It all depends on how busy they are in the specialty restaurants. Oh, he originally offered to get us 30% off but we hedged and he made a phone call and came back with buy one get one...

On our recent cruise on the Millennium through Asia our MDR waiter was able to get us 50% of one night. It all depends on how busy they are in the specialty restaurants. Oh, he originally offered to get us 30% off but we hedged and he made a phone call and came back with buy one get one...

We had the same thing happen for us on Summit and got the BOGO. On the ship the OP should be able to get at least 30% discount and use OBC.

We had the same thing happen for us on Summit and got the BOGO. On the ship the OP should be able to get at least 30% discount and use OBC.

Thanks! We are cruising on the reflection. Do they usually advertise the discount or do you have to ask someone? Also, do the restaurants typically fill up?

Thanks! We are cruising on the reflection. Do they usually advertise the discount or do you have to ask someone? Also, do the restaurants typically fill up?

They set up tables and laptops near the buffet or restaurants. They also have a guy walking around trying to snag people with the discount. You can tell because he's carrying a menu and could be dressed in a restaurant uniform if it's like Sushi on 5 or Silk Harvest.

If you can get 20% off the 6 meal dinner, I reccomend you take it.

The 6 dinner package is already at a discount. 20 off that is as good as you will get bargaining on the ship.

Our last cruise the smallest discount we got was 30%. 3 nights we got 50%. Our experience has been there on longer cruises the restaurants are not as busy so are more discounts are offered.

if you are not traveling with a small group, it is easy to wait until you are onboard. If you have a larger group and want certain times and restaurants, booking ahead of time and making reservations help secure those things. Again, supply and demand in the speciality restaurants is what makes the cheaper prices onboard.

I just booked the 6 dinner package for our cruise on Equinox in July. At $154 per person for 6 dinners, it comes to just over $25 a meal. I thought that was a great deal, and figure I can get a BOGO for meal #7.

We are sailing on the Celebrity Eclipse on 26 August sailing to the Norwegian Fjords. When I called Celebrity they indicated that when you book the 6 night 20% discount, you give them a time you would like to dine on the first night but you don't know what restaurant you will be booked at. Then when you get onboard, you select where you want to dine. What keeps me from booking is I keep wondering if Murano and Tuscan are booked, at the time we like to dine, and the only thing left is QSine, I don't want to eat there 4 times or book at Murano and Tuscan for early dining. We prefer 8 pm for dining. Any advice would be appreciated.

We're doing a transatlantic in November on Celebrity Eclipse, and also debating whether to fork out for the specialty dining now or onboard...

Does anyone have any advice on if the specialty restaurants will be in higher demand with six consecutive days at sea?

I just booked the 6 dinner package for our cruise on Equinox in July. At $154 per person for 6 dinners, it comes to just over $25 a meal. I thought that was a great deal, and figure I can get a BOGO for meal #7.

I know the 6 dinner package usually sells for $192. Do you know how long the 20% off sale is going on? Or is it just for Equinox?

6 dinners for $25 per person is indeed a sweet deal. My problem would be on the M class ships, DW is allergic to anything that ever swam so Sushi on 5 is out, Qsine is pretty much out and how many times can you do the Tuscan Grill? We did it twice on our recent 14 nighter on the Millennium and two visits to the Tuscan Grill was plenty for us. Now if I was allowed to eat steaks every night and if DW even liked steaks it might be different but paying extra for her to have meatballs and spaggetti, not even worth it at $10....for us anyway. MDR meals were really nice and our wait staff was just great in dealing with allergy issues.

6 dinners for $25 per person is indeed a sweet deal. My problem would be on the M class ships, DW is allergic to anything that ever swam so Sushi on 5 is out, Qsine is pretty much out and how many times can you do the Tuscan Grill? We did it twice on our recent 14 nighter on the Millennium and two visits to the Tuscan Grill was plenty for us. Now if I was allowed to eat steaks every night and if DW even liked steaks it might be different but paying extra for her to have meatballs and spaggetti, not even worth it at $10....for us anyway. MDR meals were really nice and our wait staff was just great in dealing with allergy issues.

They do have plenty of non-swimming options in qsine to enjoy & leave with a very full belly [emoji39][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know the 6 dinner package usually sells for $192. Do you know how long the 20% off sale is going on? Or is it just for Equinox?

It was fleetwide, but not sure when it ended. I don't see it on the website today.

We bought the Premium Drink package and two Shore Excursions over the weekend during the 72-hour 20% off sale. When I went into my Cruise Planner, it didn't indicate the Specialty Restaurant packages were on sale (like the drink package and shore excursions were). Would have gladly bought the restaurant packages on sale as well if they had been flagged as being on sale. Dang!

We bought the Premium Drink package and two Shore Excursions over the weekend during the 72-hour 20% off sale. When I went into my Cruise Planner, it didn't indicate the Specialty Restaurant packages were on sale (like the drink package and shore excursions were). Would have gladly bought the restaurant packages on sale as well if they had been flagged as being on sale. Dang!

I'm on your Silhouette TA..had bought meal pkg previous to 72hr sale.

With your notification of the sale...(thank you!) of the rechecked it out.

Same $$....w/ note "you purchased this on....date"

I'm on your Silhouette TA..had bought meal pkg previous to 72hr sale.

With your notification of the sale...(thank you!) of the rechecked it out.

Same $$....w/ note "you purchased this on....date"

So in the end were you able to wind up with 20% off your meal package? If you were, congrats! :-)