Charleston Port Parking

Absoluthick

Get there as early as possible. I cruised out of Charleston last December. There was a long line, but wow the line was REALLY long by the time they started allowing people in. There are people there that guide you throughout the garage so its not that confusing. Just follow the guides.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

Charleston has a long line on arrival but it goes pretty fast. The debarkation was the easiest we have ever had!

If you have staggered arrival time get there about 30 min early.

Charleston is different, because they are VERY LIMITED on space. The issue is that they do not let you into the parking garage or terminal until 11:30 or later if the ship is cleared later. So of course people want to get there first thing before they open these areas (like me) causing lines. The line is pretty much a zigzagged maze through a parking lot. They have barriers and people directing you on which direction to go. so it is not that bad. Once the lines start moving, it normally is pretty quick until your back on board.

The terminal it self is very small too. They use the same area during embarkation and debarkation. So the area has to be flipped each time.

Now debarkation was the quickest I have ever had on my last cruise out of Charleston. We went from he Lido deck at 7:45 with our luggage and were on the road by 8:15am.

My suggestion is to do a park and cruise package with a hotel. We stayed at the Best Western several times now and the service is great, decent breakfast, and we get the first shuttle leaving about 11 am. We are usually on board no later than 11:45 give or take.

The price last time with tax was $130, the cost to park in the port is less, but you have to deal with them...

The other side of this is, when you debark the ship, you have to catch a shuttle back. Usually pretty quick, but last time we waited about 20 minutes for one to come back.

Have a great cruise!

I have been hearing a lot about problems with the Charleston Port and parking. Does anyone have any good suggestions regarding parking and what would be the easiest? All help is appreciated

Go down to SC the day before and get a hotel. We always stay at Mainstay Suites in Mt. P. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a kitchen. ~$100 a night. You can keep your car there free for the week. Uber to port is around $15. Doing that will be your cheapest and less stressful option. That way you have a good nights sleep before you leave, and you won't have to deal with parking + traffic of trying to get in. Parking there for a 7 night cruise is around $117 so the hotel/Uber is cheaper than your parking at port. Then when you get back you can Uber back to Mt. P and head back to the Commonwealth.