EWR Transportation to Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

We will need transportation in September from Newark Airport to our hotel in Times Square. Think it is 15 miles. We had heard better to fly in to Newark than use one of the NY Airports. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Laura

You basically have three choices:

1) Car service from EWR to the Shaeraton. We recommend booking Dial7 or Carmellimo to go between NY and NJ. - get quote online and look for coupons - in the $100 range

2). Airport bus to Port Authority Bus Terminal (street stop) and cab to the Sheraton - http://web.coachusa.com/coachusaassets/files/94/naerackcard.pdf - $17/pp. plus $10 cab

3) NJ Transit train from Newark Airport Station to New York Penn Station - $13/pp plus $10-15 cab - http://www.njtransit.com/hp/hp_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=HomePageTo

More details can be provided about these options. What exact date and time would you be doing this? During rush hour train could be a better option.

Depending on time of day I'd pick train. We flew in ewr Friday around 4pm.... took over 2 hours to get to times square by car service (make sure you go to the washroom before you leave).

Train would be much faster...but that also depends on how much luggage your dragging along.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Depending on time of day I'd pick train. We flew in ewr Friday around 4pm.... took over 2 hours to get to times square by car service (make sure you go to the washroom before you leave).

Train would be much faster...but that also depends on how much luggage your dragging along.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Friday at 4 pm is one if the worst times. There are ways to address the luggage issue on the train. I'd take a cab to Newark Penn Station where there is red cap service. Once you arrive in New York Penn Station, there is also red cap service. Uptown cabs can be gotten on 8th Ave to go directly to the hotel. This would cost more money, but you would save $15.50 because the train fare from Newark Penn Station is $5.25 instead of $13. This difference would help offset the $25ish cab from EWR to Newark Penn Station and the red cap tips.

We will need transportation in September from Newark Airport to our hotel in Times Square. Think it is 15 miles. We had heard better to fly in to Newark than use one of the NY Airports. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Laura

Bolded is not true. Best place to fly into is which of the three airports has best prices and best schedule for your needs.

Actually we need a lot more info from the OP to give the best advice. I assumed she has already booked a flight to EWR, but maybe that's not true. So it would be nice to know:

1). Exact date she is arriving to stay at the Sheraton. Also flight arrival time if flight is already booked (assuming EWR)

2). Number of people involved

3). Exact date and ship she is cruising on

4) Return date plans. Also flight departure time if flight is already booked (assuming EWR)

My guess is Anthem because of the strong "advice" to use EWR.

I am flying into EWR on a Thursday in October at 2:55pm. I called Coach USA, they told me it was $16. and they have three stops in Manhattan, Port Authority, Bryant Park and ?. My Hotel is one block from Bryant Park. He told me that it would take about 45 minutes to 1 hour to get to Bryant Park from Terminal A. After pick up from Terminal A then to Terminal B then C. Next stop would be Port Authority in Manhattan and then Bryant Park. At approximately 3:30 - 4:00pm Leaving EWR does it seem possible to be only a 45 - 1hr trip? Senior rate is half price!

I am flying into EWR on a Thursday in October at 2:55pm. I called Coach USA, they told me it was $16. and they have three stops in Manhattan, Port Authority, Bryant Park and ?. My Hotel is one block from Bryant Park. He told me that it would take about 45 minutes to 1 hour to get to Bryant Park from Terminal A. After pick up from Terminal A then to Terminal B then C. Next stop would be Port Authority in Manhattan and then Bryant Park. At approximately 3:30 - 4:00pm Leaving EWR does it seem possible to be only a 45 - 1hr trip? Senior rate is half price!

Nobody can really answer that question other than with a "maybe". It's Manhattan. It's rush hour. The trip is scheduled at 45-60 minutes, but most likely will take longer.

That time of day....land, collect luggage, take the AirTran to the NJ Transit station at EWR, take NJ Transit train to NY Penn Station, exit Penn Station, take cab the few blocks to hotel. There is really no need to sit in NJ/NY traffic at that time of day and make multiple stops. The NYC area public transportation system is quite good and easy to use.

I am flying into EWR on a Thursday in October at 2:55pm. I called Coach USA, they told me it was $16. and they have three stops in Manhattan, Port Authority, Bryant Park and ?.

This is the Airporter https://www.nycairporter.com/ Coach USA is one of their network carriers, it is actually run out of an office in Astoria Queens. Yes they quote 45-60 minutes but there are a lot of factors. Tickets are collected or bought at Terminal C after stopping for Passengers on the outbound leg at A and B. The driver does not do this, another person boards the bus to collect and it won't leave until that is done.

I've experienced delays at this point with arguments, lack of US Dollar et, then you face traffic. Yes the bus only makes three stops 8th Ave, Bryant Park (6th/5th Ave) and Near Grand Central (Park Ave) along 42nd Street but you are going halfway across Manhattan Island.

NJ Transit is better but all depends on luggage. The walk from 8th Avenue to your Hotel is not that bad, I as a NYer would just walk even with bags as said a cab is inexpensive in NY terms as well from NY Penn Station.