Carnival - Two different snorkeling excursions

iloverags2

Hello All! For anyone with experience on either of the two snorkeling excursions Carnival offers in Belize, if you could please help me understand the differences. (Even if you have just been on one, your thoughts are appreciated!)

It looks like both the "Barrier Reef Snorkel and Starfish Island Getaway" and the "Snorkeling Wonders of the Barrier Reef" take you out to the reef for snorkeling and then to an island beach afterwards. It also appears each is approximately 4 hours.

I am more interested in just snorkeling...however, never having been to Belize before, I am inclined to stick with a Carnival excursion (and will just "suck it up" with the beach break...ha ha!). How much time is spent actually snorkeling with both? Or is one (or even both) a trip out to the beach, and snorkeling is done right offshore?

HELP!

Thanks so much for any guidance!

Shark Ray Alley and Island excursion. Avoid anything Starfish Island related. Shark Ray Alley will take you to the Hol Chan Reserve, Coral Gardens, and you get to visit the amazing Caye Caulker. You won't be disappointed in this one.

Also, you don't have to eat with the group. There are other places to eat on Caye Caulker all around where they go. Probably save some cash as well. Good food on CC.

Shark Ray Alley and Island excursion. Avoid anything Starfish Island related. Shark Ray Alley will take you to the Hol Chan Reserve, Coral Gardens, and you get to visit the amazing Caye Caulker. You won't be disappointed in this one.

Also, you don't have to eat with the group. There are other places to eat on Caye Caulker all around where they go. Probably save some cash as well. Good food on CC.

Thanks so much for the information! I didn't realize not all snorkeling excursions were coming up when I filtered the excursions by "snorkeling" (go figure!). That excursion looks amazing! Actually it looks like there are two with Shark Ray Alley and Island...one adds a snorkeling experience to it. :) Thank you again!

Hello All! For anyone with experience on either of the two snorkeling excursions Carnival offers in Belize, if you could please help me understand the differences. (Even if you have just been on one, your thoughts are appreciated!)

It looks like both the "Barrier Reef Snorkel and Starfish Island Getaway" and the "Snorkeling Wonders of the Barrier Reef" take you out to the reef for snorkeling and then to an island beach afterwards. It also appears each is approximately 4 hours.

I am more interested in just snorkeling...however, never having been to Belize before, I am inclined to stick with a Carnival excursion (and will just "suck it up" with the beach break...ha ha!). How much time is spent actually snorkeling with both? Or is one (or even both) a trip out to the beach, and snorkeling is done right offshore?

HELP!

Thanks so much for any guidance!

My daughter and I did the snorkeling and beach about 3years ago, the sea was so rough we didn't see any of the reef. Very disappointing. I have snorkel in several islands this was the worst. They should of canceled this excursions, but it all about money... There are better islands to snorkel at.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

My daughter and I did the snorkeling and beach about 3years ago, the sea was so rough we didn't see any of the reef. Very disappointing. I have snorkel in several islands this was the worst. They should of canceled this excursions, but it all about money... There are better islands to snorkel at.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. But excursions can't control the weather or the oceans. Ship excursions will cancel snorkel excursion if the weather or seas are really rough. However, the barrier reefs along the coast of Belize do offer some of the best reef snorkeling and diving around. It's not shallow water beach snorkeling though.