Embarkation Time?

Orlando Vic

We are taking our first Celebrity cruise in about 5 weeks. The stated embarkation time is 1PM-6PM. Is this hard and fast or only advisory like Princess?

Being in a wheelchair, will I have any boarding priority?

TIA,

Vic

Which cruise? What embarkation port?

Are you wanting to go earlier? With those instructions, it's not likely that the ship will be available for earlier boarding as is sometimes the case.

Wheelchair users will be given a special check in line (again, this is true in most embarkation ports but without knowing where you will be, it's hard to be 100% certain it will be so for you.)

I just checked the Guest Booklet, & it states that passengers with access needs should notify Celebrity in writing.

Email special_needs@celebrity.com

Also, they provide a toll free number 866-592-7225 for the Access Dept.

I hope they will allow you to board ASAP. I know that other cruise lines do, as I was told by some w/c users.

About the boarding times: Check your guest documents, because if you have an earlier sailing time, there will be an earlier time listed.

For example, our sailing is 3:30 pm. Our documents state that boarding will begin at 10:30 am.

They also advise not to arrive earlier than that because of disembarkment procedures of the previous cruise.

Hope this is useful info.:)

Which cruise? What embarkation port?

Are you wanting to go earlier?

Wheelchair users will be given a special check in line (again, this is true in most embarkation ports but without knowing where you will be, it's hard to be 100% certain it will be so for you.)

Yes, I want to board before 1 PM in order to not rush with lunch.

It's a transpacific cruise from Yokohama to Vancouver, B.C. via the Bering Sea.

I just checked the Guest Booklet, & it states that passengers with access needs should notify Celebrity in writing.

Email special_needs@celebrity.com

Also, they provide a toll free number 866-592-7225 for the Access Dept.

I hope they will allow you to board ASAP. I know that other cruise lines do, as I was told by some w/c users.

Hope this is useful info.:)

Thanks for the good suggestion. I have just fired off an email to the address you gave me.

We are taking our first Celebrity cruise in about 5 weeks. The stated embarkation time is 1PM-6PM. Is this hard and fast or only advisory like Princess?

Being in a wheelchair, will I have any boarding priority?

The stated time to start is only a suggestion as they do not want everyone to show up early.

You can normally check-in by noon and board around then. However, your cabin will usually not be available until around 1 PM.

If you check-in before boarding has started, it is likely that a wheel-chair passenger and a companion will be among the first to board.