Sanford Airport transfer/timing after Cruise Help Needed

jmcghee2024

We have a 3:00 flight out of Sanford Airport after our Oasis cruise. Any suggestions on how to get to the airport and what to do to kill the time. I believe if I'm reading correctly that we will be off the ship by 9 if not earlier.

We have a 3:00 flight out of Sanford Airport after our Oasis cruise. Any suggestions on how to get to the airport and what to do to kill the time. I believe if I'm reading correctly that we will be off the ship by 9 if not earlier.

You could do a one-way rental car with a stop at NASA, or some other Cocoa Beach attraction if you didn't think there would be enough time at NASA.

I live near Sanford airport. It is very small and not much there. Even food options are very limited. I suggest a one way car rental would be the cheapest option. Like Avis or hertz. Not all car rentals have offices there. Make sure you eat before you get to airport. There is nothing just outside or on the road when you get off the highway on the way to it. The airport is geared more

To charter flights then commercial daily flights although Allegiant does fly there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, I think renting a car would be the easiest way to get to Sanford. But, I'm not sure you'll have enough time to do any sightseeing along the way even. If you get off the ship at 9, it'll take 3-4 hours to get to Sanford(about 250 miles from port-stopping at rest stops, lunch). You're only talking about an hour of free time. Not sure if it's worth the stress to do some sightseeing along the way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I think renting a car would be the easiest way to get to Sanford. But, I'm not sure you'll have enough time to do any sightseeing along the way even. If you get off the ship at 9, it'll take 3-4 hours to get to Sanford(about 250 miles from port-stopping at rest stops, lunch). You're only talking about an hour of free time. Not sure if it's worth the stress to do some sightseeing along the way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oasis sails out of Port Canaveral now, not Port Everglades. They will have a bunch of time to kill before their flight.

drive time is about an hour and 15, but as mentioned not much along the way and you only have a few spare hours (KSC is NOT worth the $ given how little time you have, tix is $50)

If you rent a car you could swing by the beach and RonJon .....

If you don't want to drive, Cocoa Beach Shuttle serves Sanford Airport too. http://www.cbshuttle.com/reservations.htm

Port to Sanford is 1 hr 15 min. You will pay some tolls along the way. There are few good places to eat in downtown Sanford. Can stroll along lake Monroe. Central Florida zoo in Sanford is nice if you have young kids with you. Other than that there is not much there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's just barely over an hour from the port to Sanford and there should be no tolls. Take I-95N to FL-46 (exit 223) and head west, extremely easy drive. I agree with one way rental. Grab a bite to eat in Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach and head out. Consider also asking for a later departure group from the ship as well that will help kill a little time.