Storing alcohol

antsp

Yes, it's true that IF they find it, they will dump it. :(

Never take it with you in it's original container.

They'll spot it for sure. :(

Also don't put it in the checked luggage. :(They scan it much more thoroughly than the port agents do.

Carry on luggage is your best bet. :D

Believe the OP is asking related to this policy:

"As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the guest's stateroom on the last day of the cruise. A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist guests with the storage of their shoreside alcoholic purchases while our Boutiques staff will assist guests with shipboard alcoholic purchases."

The OP is not asking about carrying alcohol on board for consumption, but in compliance with Princess' port of call procedures. The question is does the embarkation port qualify under the port of call provision, and will there be knowledgeable staff present to process the hold.? I think it's a tossup, maybe yes, maybe no.

That ruins my plans to take home alcohol home as gifts
Are you talking about initial boarding the ship, or ports of call during the cruise? There's a difference.

Embarkation - Up to 750ml of wine per bottle per passenger. No liquor allowed. $15 corkage fee applies if more than 1 bottle is brought onboard. That's the policy. Whether if you sneak anything onboard, that's another story.

Ports of Call - Alcohol is collected when you board the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last night of cruise. If you buy alcohol from ship's gift shop, those are delivered on the last night of cruise as well.

Are you talking about initial boarding the ship, or ports of call during the cruise? There's a difference.

Embarkation - Up to 750ml of wine per bottle per passenger. No liquor allowed. $15 corkage fee applies if more than 1 bottle is brought onboard. That's the policy. Whether if you sneak anything onboard, that's another story.

Ports of Call - Alcohol is collected when you board the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last night of cruise. If you buy alcohol from ship's gift shop, those are delivered on the last night of cruise as well.

Not exactly. The policy states "guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption." It does not state no liquor allowed. The OP's question was about alcohol not for consumption, and will the ship's staff hold it like they do at ports of call. This is a valid question, since it is very possible that a passenger may wish to purchase a special beverage at the port of embarkation which they would like to bring home, not use on the ship.

If you look back at post 5 by sknight you will see the following:

"Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*

The Passage Contract appears to state that liquor, spirits or beers, other than wine, brought on board at embarkation will be removed and discarded. This is different than the policy at ports of call.

"Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the guest's stateroom on the last day of the cruise."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The alcohol was not to drink onboard but to take home as presents, I would off just turned it in to be handed back on last day. I guess not
Hi,where are you embarking and what liquor do you want?The duty free shop on board is as cheap as chips.We ordered fags for friends and 2 litres of smirnoff and they were cheaper than Dubai duty free.They were delivered on last day,cheers,Brian.

We are sailing Fort Lauderdale to Southampton, the drink was morgans spiced rum, it wasn't so much the cost but the size and shape of the bottle.

Funny you should say that. I've stopped buying those "special" bottles since the wife won't let me open them. ;p

I think the the topic/question is one of 'transportation'. It's not a consumption or smuggling issue. For example, can you take a Caribbean cruise on the Royal Princess, purchase liquor in St Thomas and upon return to Ft Lauderdale, take your purchased liquor immediately aboard the Island Princess for a Panama Canal cruise to Los Angeles? Will Princess accept your liquor for storage as they would a purchase in St Thomas or St Maarten? It's an interesting question and idea given the amount of problems flying with or shipping liquor. I would like to know the answer, too. Thanks...