Steakhouse

mworkman

Next question...once your submit for reservations prior to setting sail...how long do you have to wait to see when your reservations are confirmed?

I submitted mine last night and got confirmation this afternoon!

Next question...once your submit for reservations prior to setting sail...how long do you have to wait to see when your reservations are confirmed?

Usually 24-48 hours. If you don't hear by then, I would email them again.:)

A filet mignon is a cut taken from the small end of the tenderloin. Its very lean and tender. Personally I would rather have the cowboy ribeye but the filet is very popular. Im not positive but I dont think they season with anything other than salt and pepper which is all a steak SHOULD have except maybe some garlic powder.

At the steakhouse, you get one starter, a salad, an entree w/ sides and a dessert. You might could sub the salad out for an extra starter. Im not sure. An extra entree will definitely cost more.

Before I speak about this let me just say, different ships, different crew (waiters/waitress) which equals a different experience. Like I posted before never been at a steakhouse on Carnival, but one guy that post a lot on these threads JAMMMAN posted different then what you are saying. He claims he always gets a 2nd starter/app., now is he skipping the salad?? He also did say if you get an extra entree you will pay the cover charge again, but it seems like the extras such as dessert, starters ect they will give you at no extra cost. Now to MOONGAL as to which steak to get IMHO (I LOVE, LOVE STEAKS:hearteyes:), but my favorite is always a ribeye. This cut is marbled with the fat and makes for a juicier more flavorful steak, again IMHO. Hope this helps you. As for the post about RCCL steak going down hill it was about 5yrs since we were at Chops so this maybe true, all I know is when we where there 2012 it was fantastic. This was aboard the Oasis of the Seas.

Before I speak about this let me just say, different ships, different crew (waiters/waitress) which equals a different experience. Like I posted before never been at a steakhouse on Carnival, but one guy that post a lot on these threads JAMMMAN posted different then what you are saying. He claims he always gets a 2nd starter/app., now is he skipping the salad?? He also did say if you get an extra entree you will pay the cover charge again, but it seems like the extras such as dessert, starters ect they will give you at no extra cost. Now to MOONGAL as to which steak to get IMHO (I LOVE, LOVE STEAKS:hearteyes:), but my favorite is always a ribeye. This cut is marbled with the fat and makes for a juicier more flavorful steak, again IMHO. Hope this helps you. As for the post about RCCL steak going down hill it was about 5yrs since we were at Chops so this maybe true, all I know is when we where there 2012 it was fantastic. This was aboard the Oasis of the Seas.

Curious, which ribeye would you pick? I know they have the cowboy and the spiced rib eyes.

So do you still get the free bottle of wine if you go to the steakhouse on the first night of your cruise?
Already answered , but yes.

YUM! It is definitely worth going!! I would put the food on a par with Ruths Chris or Flemings. Delicious food, excellent service, and wonderful atmosphere. Do it!!
Considering how painfully overpriced both of those places are, that's not saying much. But both of these places serve a good steak, so if I can get the same experience at $35 a pop, I'll be happy.

The prices keep going up so maybe not so much anymore.

Carnivals steakhouses have been 35.00 per person for at least 5 years now so i dont know where you are getting that they "keep going up"? You are obviously talking about another cruise line like maybe Royal Caribbean where they went from 30.00 pp to 35.00 pp and now are 39.00 pp on most ships for Chops, all since Carnival raised their prices last

Edited by ryano

Considering how painfully overpriced both of those places are, that's not saying much. But both of these places serve a good steak, so if I can get the same experience at $35 a pop, I'll be happy.

They serve aged USDA Prime cuts though so thats what you are paying for at those places. I think Carnival USE to serve USDA Prime back when they were "supper clubs" but that may be no longer the case. Either way, its a great steak and experience for 35.00. I spend that at Outback or similar and the service and food isnt near as good.

I haven't been on Carnival for a long time and the steakhouse wasn't an option so my question how is it and is it worth doing?

My wife and I love it. We spend about what we would spend back home. We'll be sailing the Vista in a couple of weeks, and have reservations on the first night. The only thing I hope is that the aesthetics are better than Valor/Conquest. Those windows view the walking/jogging track, if you are placed next to a window.

Our first steakhouse was on the Miracle and I remember some really nice views from there.

Just found some pics after searching these forums and it looks really nice. Can't wait.

Does anyone know if reservations are mandatory? I prefer not to have a set time to eat and may not want to stop whatever I am doing to go dine. I understand, and wouldn't be upset if there was no seating when I did decide to go there. Or is it a case of not being likely to get in without a reservation?

T.I.A.

Does anyone know if reservations are mandatory? I prefer not to have a set time to eat and may not want to stop whatever I am doing to go dine. I understand, and wouldn't be upset if there was no seating when I did decide to go there. Or is it a case of not being likely to get in without a reservation?

T.I.A.

Depends. We've always pre-booked our reservation because we want the first night to get half priced wine, but you can make reservations for later in the week on the ship. We have, on occasion, had to move our preferred dining time because they were already maxed at the time we want. So...if you prefer the first night, you should have a reservation.

Depends. We've always pre-booked our reservation because we want the first night to get half priced wine, but you can make reservations for later in the week on the ship. We have, on occasion, had to move our preferred dining time because they were already maxed at the time we want. So...if you prefer the first night, you should have a reservation.

That's what we are doing. We're packing a change of clothes in our carry on. Head to room, get spruced up, have a nice dinner then unpack afterwards.

I used to get the lamb but found on the Conquest that they didn't know how to cook it. The other Carnival ships it was so tired and tasty. Not sure why the Conquest can't get it right. This time on the Conquest I am getting the cowboy rib eye. It is really good. I will also get two apps and no salad. That is my usual order. Most times I don't get any desserts because they have nothing that I can eat.

tigercat

Also worth mentioning is that the Steakhouse bar does not require reservations, and for those on the Cheers program, that bar will often have higher-priced potables that are still included, per glass, in Cheers. :)

I used to get the lamb but found on the Conquest that they didn't know how to cook it. The other Carnival ships it was so tired and tasty. Not sure why the Conquest can't get it right. This time on the Conquest I am getting the cowboy rib eye. It is really good. I will also get two apps and no salad. That is my usual order. Most times I don't get any desserts because they have nothing that I can eat.

tigercat

So are you saying the ship does not know how to cook lamb? Could it possibly be, the night you were there the lamb was not cooked to your liking. As a restaurateur, these kind of blanket statements can kill a restaurant. What is a tired lamb? There is a good possibility the same guy might be cooking your steak. "found on the Conquest that they didn't know how to cook lamb? Put, lamb on grill, season and cook to preferred temp, not rocket science.

Also worth mentioning is that the Steakhouse bar does not require reservations, and for those on the Cheers program, that bar will often have higher-priced potables that are still included, per glass, in Cheers. :)

Thanks! I had no idea. Do they serve good wines by the glass? What are their hours?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums