What is your favorite Royal Caribbean cruise food?

Travel luv

Any soufflé is always welcome in front of me - though they don't make too many. I like their key lime pie and as silly as it sounds the 'always available' but never advertised chicken noodle soup. It can be a tad bit salty but I am a salt-aholic anyway so it doesn't bother me. They make it fresh daily and after several days of all that rich food a nice cup - or a bowl if you ask for it, of chicken noodle with a roll and some butter is just the perfect lunch. (Or add a salad and you have a great lighter dinner.)

• 3 weeks later...

The braised veal shank was unbelievable, the panko crusted eggplant napoleon with balsamic reduction was fantastic, the onion tart, grand marnier souffle, the scallop risotto, thai noodles, and the fish stew I had 2 1/2 years ago are a few of my favorites!!

The braised veal shank was unbelievable, the panko crusted eggplant napoleon with balsamic reduction was fantastic, the onion tart, grand marnier souffle, the scallop risotto, thai noodles, and the fish stew I had 2 1/2 years ago are a few of my favorites!!

What ship was that on? I recall having the eggplant and thai noodles (Pad Thai) on Grandeur last year and they were awful. The Pad Thai was tasteless and gummy, and the eggplant was nothing more than eggplant parm without the cheese.

Bertucci's (an east coast pizza/pasta chain) used to do an Eggplant Napoleon that was amazing -- it had little mozzarella balls stacked between layers of eggplant. Now, THAT was great!

I am really hoping that the food on Explorer is much better than Grandeur last year.

All the items except the fish stew, I had on the Empress last fall before the ship moved to San Juan. The eggplant napoleon had layers of other veggies and fresh mozzarella with a sweet balsamic reduction.

• 3 months later...

We're going on our first Royal Caribbean cruise on Voyager in January. I read somewhere (probably elsewhere on this board!) that you can get cake delivered to your room for $7.95. Is the chocolate cake with chocolate butter frosting as delicious as it sounds? :D

Tammie

We're going on our first Royal Caribbean cruise on Voyager in January. I read somewhere (probably elsewhere on this board!) that you can get cake delivered to your room for $7.95. Is the chocolate cake with chocolate butter frosting as delicious as it sounds? :D

Tammie

Doubtful. While I enjoyed my recent cruise on Voyager, most of their desserts weren't all that great. I can't see spending $8 for a cake that you can probably get for free elsewhere. And it sounds pretty standard to me.. nothing special.

• 4 weeks later...

The strawberry soup...mmm....

I always get it for the appetizer, then the dessert, then maybe an extra bowl. :)

The trick I've found with the chilled soups is that they will usually have them the following day in the windjammer-- just in case I didn't have enough the first night!

I am indeed a foodie! My one and only cruise was last weekend on the Monarch of the Seas. I was so interested in all aspects of cruising that I just noticed this thread.

Food is subjective. I thought that Windjammer had sub-par buffet breakfasts. Sheesh! At least give us some made to order eggs.

I enjoyed all of my meals in the dining room. The soups were very good, some were great. We really enjoyed all of the options. Service was so wonderful, we were able to try most options. We were able to sample a liitle of each course. The key lime pie was sooo good!

Off the wall choice for favorite food-beet root salad in Windjammer. The Thai beef salad was also great. I love sushi! Jade is ordinary, but the miso soup is excellent.

DH loved the ribs at the Sunday BBQ. He is a big fan of rib cook-offs, so that is quite a compliment.

• 2 months later...

Archived