What is your favorite Royal Caribbean cruise food?

Travel luv

What are some of your favorites from Royal Caribbean?

Every other day, the Legend buffet offered bread pudding on the dessert

station. Sadly, the buffet food was otherwise nearly inedible; we went

there for dessert. The sit-down restaurant was excellent and we had good

service. If anything stands out I would say that the lunch menu in the

main restaurant offered consistently excellent choices.

we have always had good food there and love the different kinds they offer eachnight. Best seafood I have had at sea. Buffet was standard but the food was always good for something fast and easy for lunch. Ice cream when boarding after a long day in port was better then a cookie (just make sure you are there before 5PM). so far have never had a bad meal on any of our cruises...and the prime rib was great.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh the Roasted Tomato Bisque Soup was excellent.

As was the Lobster Tails, Creme Brulee to die for. My favorite was the after dinner drinks in the RCCL's cordial cups that came in a different color everynight. The main ingredient for this cordial was Bailey's Irish Creme, and they put other things in it to make up a drink with names like a French Kiss, etc.....I bought one everynight and came home with the whole set. I have them on my bakers rack and use them once and awhile to remind me of what an excellent time we had while on the Empress of the Seas.

The item that really stood out for me was the mulligatawny soup my husband had on the Monarch back in 2002. I wasn't as brave as he was to try it, but once I did, it was awesome! I have never had it again, and hoped one day I would find it on another RC cruise. I also LOVE the french butter they serve!! It's too die for! I would find anything I could to put the butter on! MMMmmm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The chocolate creme brulee is wonderful!

When I had that on Grandeur last year, it had the consistency of chocolate pudding (it should be light and airy) and the sugar on top had not been melted properly and was still granular (it should be a hard thin layer with a slight marshmallow taste). Please tell me they make it better on other ships.

And yes, I am a creme brulee snob, having eaten excellent preparations of it in some very nice restaurants.

Archived