Good excursions for kids

Drrandall

Going on Carnival Breeze July 9th. Just myself and 7 and 12 year old daughters. Montego Bay, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Never cruised with my kids before. Not sure what options there are for my 7 year old in specific . Thinking Turtle farm in Cayman, dolphins in Cozumel. Maybe just beach hangout in Montego Bay. If anyone has found a cool thing to see with their younger kiddo please let me know. Thanks

What does your kid WANT to do? Get a guidebook and read it with them! Find out what is where..and then decide! Most of the stuff you want to do doesn't require an excursion at all. The Turtle Farm can be accessed by the bus...GC is great with transportation! Beaches are generally quite easy DIY days. The dolphins....probably going to need an excursion for that....but it doesn't have to be thru the ship! Get a guidebook from you library...read it with your son. The payoff is big!

There's also a 'port of call' section here, you may check those out for the ports you're going to, and read what others have said in those specific ports. Also check TripAdvisor for suggestions. Between the 2, you can find lots of info about the ports and things to do.

We did a family cruise to Cozumel last March and the boys loved the dolphin encounter - they were aged 3,6 and 12 - we all had a great time - ages 70 - 3!

Yep. That's what I was thinking. Thinking dolphins in Cozumel, Doctor's cove beach in Jamaica and Turtle farm and snorkeling in the Caymens. Can't wait

When we went to Grand Cayman, we did the Turtle Farm and my son (who was 11 at the time) had a blast. In Cozumel, we usually hit the beach. More often than not, we go to Passion Island via Twister Boat because my son loves doing it. We've been enough times that we know which driver/first mate (???) we want--Luis and Hector. The island hostess, Aida, recognizes us when we arrive and she's always happy to see us back again. In Montego Bay we did the Jamaican Bobsled/Dunn's River Fall excursion which was a lot of fun also...I just had to hang onto my son to keep him from falling out of the chair lift because he kept leaning waaaay far forward trying to see all the way to the bottom of the jungle. LOL

When we went to Grand Cayman, we did the Turtle Farm and my son (who was 11 at the time) had a blast. In Cozumel, we usually hit the beach. More often than not, we go to Passion Island via Twister Boat because my son loves doing it. We've been enough times that we know which driver/first mate (???) we want--Luis and Hector. The island hostess, Aida, recognizes us when we arrive and she's always happy to see us back again. In Montego Bay we did the Jamaican Bobsled/Dunn's River Fall excursion which was a lot of fun also...I just had to hang onto my son to keep him from falling out of the chair lift because he kept leaning waaaay far forward trying to see all the way to the bottom of the jungle. LOL

Awesome ideas as well. I've been to all these islands before. First time for my kiddos. Just want one beach day. We will splurge the other 2 islands. The Bob sled thing looks cool.

We are doing Ocho Rios and Cayman in November. My son will turn 7 on that cruise. Please post what you find to do in Cayman. I need ideas

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Just YouTube the turtle farm! We are doing that next month. It looks amazing! There is water slides, snorkeling with the turtles, you can hold them, and see different stages from hatchling up to the older ones! Plus, theres a bird area and other animals too! We booked an excursion that has a lunch included, but there were a variety of excursions that included the turtle farm. One was a submarine ride to the farm, then doing the farm, then getting on a bus and doing a historical tour. THen there was an excursion with just the farm no lunch included. Just read all the descriptions and it'll tell you what's included. I am POSITIVE this will be the highlight of the trip for the kids! I can't wait.

Going on Carnival Breeze July 9th. Just myself and 7 and 12 year old daughters. Montego Bay, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Never cruised with my kids before. Not sure what options there are for my 7 year old in specific . Thinking Turtle farm in Cayman, dolphins in Cozumel. Maybe just beach hangout in Montego Bay. If anyone has found a cool thing to see with their younger kiddo please let me know. Thanks

The Turtle Farm is awesome and great for kids- I reviewed it on my blog here:

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2016/08/top-notch-trip-to-turtle-farm-in-grand.html

Paradise Beach in Cozumel is inexpensive, fun and clean. I reviewed our visit there on my blog:

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2016/06/picturesque-paradise-beach-in-cozumel.html

Your first two excursions sound great for kids. As for Montego Bay, we did the Jamaican bobsled and Dunns River Falls. First, you take a chairlift up the mountain (the scenery is great and the chair holds up to four people). When you get to the top, you go back down Mystic Mountain on the bobsled (the cars can be hooked together if you want and you can control how fast or slow you go). A cable brings you back up the mountain in your bobsled where you have a delicious jerk chicken lunch. You then take the chairlift back down the mountain, hop on the bus, and drive the Dunn's RIver Falls, There, you climb up the falls and take lots of pictures. It was a great excursion for kids!