Private Airport Transport Recommendations - Sydney and Auckland

nyfeds

We will be on Journey February 2018. I'd really welcome some private ground transport recommendations for our arrival in Sydney to our hotel and departure from Auckland's Princess Wharf to the airport. Thank you!

Denise

On arrival at Sydney a few years ago we found several people in the arrival area asking if we needed transfers.

Mini buses were doing the rounds of all the popular hotels at a very reasonable price

We just did this in February. We stayed at the Russell Hotel in Sydney. They have a cruise special that includes transport from the airport. The transfer from the airport was flawless and the hotel is in the Rocks is a fabulous location. Very comfortable, pleasant hotel.

In Auckland we used Legends Tours. Our flight wasn't until 3:30pm. They picked us up at the pier and we got a nice tour of Auckland and drove up to Muriwai to the beach and gannett colony. Then we were dropped at the airport with plenty of time before our flight.

It was a wonderful trip from start to finish. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Sue

From our departure from the port in Auckland to the airport this past March, there was a long taxi line with port employees helping move everyone along. There were both sedans and mini-vans for transport, and came in a continous loop. From the time we debarked, to the time in the taxi (we were four with lots of luggage) we waited about 30 minutes. Had good parting conversations with new friends met on the cruise.

We used a website called nz.jayride.com and au.jayride.com. They offer rates from several companies that do private and shared transfers. Excellent rates for both countries. We went with a private transfer and it was only about 50.00 in Auckland; we split a private van transfer in Sydney and it ended up costing about 25.00 pp.

We arrived in Auckland and used Corporate Cabs. Made our reservations on line. Our driver was there to meet us and was friendly and informative. Car was clean, but I don't recall what kind it was. Price was slightly more than a cab but it was great having someone waiting for us. I would definitely use them again. We left from Sydney and stayed at the Shangri La (beautiful!), and they arranged a car to the airport for us that morning.

Kathleen

We arrived in Auckland and used Corporate Cabs. Made our reservations on line. Our driver was there to meet us and was friendly and informative. Car was clean, but I don't recall what kind it was. Price was slightly more than a cab but it was great having someone waiting for us. I would definitely use them again. We left from Sydney and stayed at the Shangri La (beautiful!), and they arranged a car to the airport for us that morning.

Kathleen

Thanks to all who responded. All our ground transport is now in place. We, too, are using Corporate Cabs in Auckland.

Denise